Communications and Marketing Intern
New York City (United States of America)
The Communications and Marketing Intern (CMI) will provide related support for a dynamic children’s health not-for-profit. The ideal candidate will be passionate about contributing to the evolution of our digital content and storytelling, especially focused on social media. The internship is best suited for someone who is currently enrolled in a related program or who has recently graduated from such a program and is seeking hands-on experience.
- Propose, create, and post compelling content for social media channels that is both evergreen and relevant to recent events.
- Monitor the daily news cycle to suggest and produce content for communication opportunities, with a priority on social media.
- Assist with creating graphics for social media use.
- Provide social media analytics reports using available tools that provide directional planning information to create content, plan, revise strategies, grow our influencer network.
- Contribute to creative brainstorming sessions for projects, campaigns, and other efforts.
- Draft short stories for digital channels that may involve interviewing individuals.
- Can be currently enrolled in a communications or marketing university program, or graduated from such a program, and/or have work or volunteer experience in these areas.
- Familiarity with nuances of running social media for an organization; have a basic knowledge of related analytics.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- The ability to produce text quickly and accurately.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and the ability to create simple graphics using Canva or other graphic design software preferred but not required.
- Openness to learning and collaborative direction.
- Detail-oriented project manager.
- Creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize new ideas and the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, shifting priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Motivated, proactive, and self-starting.
This is an unpaid internship. School credit is available where accepted.
The Children’s Health Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.