Facilities Management Assistant
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Facilities Management Unit, and over all guidance of Chief Engineering and Facilities Maintenance Section, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
· Supervision and coordination of activities directly affecting the UNAMA Facilities by ensuring that contracted services are delivered satisfactorily in properly supporting UNAMA buildings and infrastructure, utilities, open areas, landscaping maintenance operations, etc.
· Assisting the planning and guidance of national staff, including supervision of personnel and overseeing of technical and general services.
· Ensure that services provider contractors keep all facilities clean in camp and offices clean
· Carry out daily inspection of sanitary facilities in UNAMA office and accommodation area.
· Observe and report contractors’ work quality compliance as per contract guidelines, including completion of required forms, adhering to agreed work procedures and any other work modifications that are agreed on biweekly.
· Monitor and ensure that all agreed work safety precautions (measures) as per the contractors’ approved safety plan are fully implemented by the Contractor(s) and report on any breaches.
· Oversee the care of plants in gardens, lawns, general landscape maintaining operations in UNAMA area.
· Coordinate and monitor logistics support for the movement of accommodation and office supplies.
· Provide an effective front desk service, including liaising with tenants ,accommodation booking management and staff to identify their facilities related requirements and propose and manage cost-effective solutions providing an effective response to customer queries and complaints where applicable and to forward any others relevant unit and sections.
· Manage and maintain the ‘control of contractor’ register, to include liaising with the consolidated facility management contracts project manager.
· Assist with preparing SOW (Scope of Works) within the Engineering and Facilities Maintenance Section ensuring technical competitiveness of SOW and technical bid evaluation.
· Perform Check-In and Check -out of visiting guest , contractors and staff accommodation.
· Coordinating housekeeping needs of tenants and VIP’s.
· Ensure maintainence of housekeeping activities of visiting guests and VIP rooms when contractors don't show up (e.g. White City) for work.
· Provide logistics support in setting up of VIP events, meetings room, conference hall and official outdoor/indoor event set -ups.
· Provide training to contractors and UNAMA personnel on best practices for water conservation and waste segregation and composting of biodegradable waste
· Advising on energy efficiency of UNAMA area.
· Develop winter preparedness plan prior to winter seasons.
· Prepares reports as required and performs any other duties related to Facilities Management unit requested by Unit/Section Chief;Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Degree level: Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
Type of Degree: Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality, Facilities Management, or Equivalent Engineering with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in Hotel Management and Camp management.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
A minimum of 3 years progressively experience in the field of Hotel Management, Hospitality , Facilities and Camp Management;; Experience in Training/Capacity Building, mentoring as he/she will be expected to be building the capacity of national staff within the facilities Management and Housekeeping Management.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Dari(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 26 February 2020