Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Electromechanical unit, Engineering and facility maintenance Section, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Apply commonly used engineering calculations, standard practices and precedents for sizing the Diesel engine generators their Installation, commissioning, overhauling, regular/preventive and breakdown maintenance of generating sets and related equipment’s;
- Ensures the smooth operation of all generator in accordance with UN rules regulations and guidelines;
- Evaluates spare parts stock levels of each category of generators and advises the Unit/Section Chief and/or Technical units for requirements and surplus quantities of spare parts, assets and related equipment to ensure adequate stock are maintained to meet the operational requirements of the Mission;
- Responsible for Generator operation data log sheet (Fuel, Lubricants, KWh, Running Hour, Temperature, Pressure etc.) compilation and maintaining generator sets related equipment records within mission.
- Prepare presentations for generator operation, diesel fuel consumption, generator operation cost for per Kilo wat/hour (Kw-Hr) and analyze the efficiency of individual generators monthly and advise to Electromechanical unit
- Develop the generator history card and maintain the records of maintenance, overhaul, and spare used at the mission generators.
- Estimate cost of repairs of generator, and/or determine whether maintenance burdens are economic, cost effective or feasible or not;
- Assist in preparation of acquisition plan, performance reports and budget proposal for all generators supplies and requirements;
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the Diesel Engine power generators;
- Provide technical support to a team of generator operator & technician and repair crew for generator maintenance and overhauling;
- Monitor generator service contractors and assist national generator maintenance personnel and technicians assigned to the Engineering and Maintenance Section in the Mission.
- Liaise with other engineering personnel in the mission and mission logisticians to resolve challenges through teamwork;
- Coordinate with the other technical units to ensure correct and proper accountability and maintenance of generators;
- Prepares reports as required and performs any other duties related to electromechanical unit requested by Unit/Section Chief;
- Undertake research to gather information related to economic power generation, online remote data acquisition & monitoring of Diesel Engine Power Generators;
- UNV will develop and implement a Capacity building/mentoring/coaching and formal on the-job training programme for national staff, Contractor’s generator mechanic/technician within the Power/Generator Unit.
Diploma degree in Mechanical or Equivalent Engineering with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in diesel engines.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
A minimum of 3 years progressively experience in the field of Diesel engines & Generators; Experience in Training/Capacity Building, Mentoring as he/she will be expected to be building the capacity of national staff within the electromechanical.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Dari(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which
Application deadline: 01 March 2019