Video Production Officer
Under the direct authority of the Head of Digital Media and Web Production Office, in the Production and Management Support Division, ESA Communication Department, the postholder is responsible for the development and management of ESA Communication Video production and its adequate distribution.
If recruited to this position, your duties will include:
- managing, either through external contract or internally, the production of:
- videos corresponding to the highest professional standards for the broadcasting and multimedia world;
- video transmission and video production to cover launch campaigns;
- specific corporate videos and clips dedicated to social media platforms;
- ensuring the coordination, development and implementation of a strongly-branded digital channel with multi-stream capabilities (ESA Web TV) to provide a one-stop shop for all live broadcasts, and feature a running stream of repackaged video content that promotes European space activities and their benefits;
- ensuring that ESA Web TV editorial and content production is planned and published in close relation with inputs received from the Department Editorial Board and by ensuring web streaming content management, production, as well as feeds from video content outsourced;
- developing concepts, storyboards and scripts for video productions;
- conducting interviews and acting as on-screen representation of the Agency when required;
- managing, as interface with the relevant Department units and with the ESA Legal Affairs Department the distribution, copyright/licensing and archiving of videos both for the general public and for professional use.
In addition, you will ensure correct application of the Agency brand and reflect, as appropriate, its Corporate Visual Identity in any video developed under your responsibility.
Applicants should have a Master’s degree or equivalent in marketing or communication-related disciplines
Proven communication skills, writing skills, keen relationship-management ability, demonstrated planning and organisation, problem-solving, results-oriented, with demonstrated ability and experience in video production and broadcast/web streaming technology.
A capacity to work well under pressure to tight deadlines with flexibility to adapt to new and unforeseen demands, plus availability to potentially work on standby in specific crisis situations.
Excellent knowledge of ESA, its programmes and the Communication Department’s mandate and role is required.