Administration Assistant - Beirut (Internals Only)
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in Administrative routines and implementation of procedures for main office and field offices when needed.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed quantities and items; place and expedite orders; and verify receipt.
- Order and dispatch prepaid lines for NRC Main office staff on monthly basis.
- Coordinate the provision of telephone lines and necessary follow up (both mobiles and landlines).
- Order new lines, cancel, transfer and initiate payments when due.
- Ensure that all utility and running costs of the office and NRC premises are followed up, received and paid on timely manner.
- Coordinate for accommodations and conferences as needed and follow up on payments and agreements.
- Arrange for staff and visitors flight bookings and liaise with travel agencies companies for offers and confirmations.
- Issue Purchase requisitions and orders for all administration related needs including printing, visibilities, kitchen supplies, office needs etc.
- Prepare relevant Payment vouchers and follow up on payments
- Assist in requesting quotations, receive offers and prepare bid comparisons for Administration related issues upon need.
- Manage and organize the booking schedule of NRC Guesthouse and follow up on cleaning schedules and needs.
- Follow up NRC offices and other NRC premises’ maintenance records and visits.
- Perform any other administration related tasks requested by the Line manager or Head of Support.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 1 to 2 year of experience from working in the administration field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with Change
- Handling insecure environment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.