Business Analytics Assistant
Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Support the preparation and implementation of the section’s work plan primarily on business analytics, and secondarily on enterprise risk management;
- Assist in the preparation of analytical reports and presentations on strategic service delivery issues, including data gathering and analysis, identification of gaps and issues, and analysis of data as basis for making sound policy and operational recommendations;
- Support the planning and conduct of various data collection methods, including web-based surveys, designing questionnaires; reviewing, analysing and interpreting survey responses; identifying problems, issues and preparing well substantiated conclusions and recommendations for improvement in service delivery;
- Assist in the design and development of business analytics dashboards and similar tools, and in the monitoring and analysis of risks identified in the risk register;
- Support follow-up actions as required on business analytics projects and analytical reports, and risk monitoring and assessments, focusing on remedial actions that may have to be taken by the relevant sections, and/or policies that have to be adopted by senior management;
- Participate in meetings and learning activities related to business analytics and enterprise risk management;
- Carry out any other related duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Type of Degree: Business Analytics, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related disciplineRequired experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
At least 2 years of work experience in business and data analysis, including developing business intelligence requirements, data transformation and visualization.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Qualifications, skills, experience: Certification in Power BI highly desirable
Computer skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required. Proficiency in one or more of the following data analysis tools is highly desirable; Power BI, Power Query, SAP HANA, SAP Business Object, Tableau, SQL, PythonDriving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 27-02-2020