Public Information Assistant
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Head, Print & Digital, the National Youth UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Develop an understanding of the breadth and depth of activities across Strategic Communications by working primarily on content generation for digital platforms in the Print & Digital team while also liaising with the Service’s other teams (Media Relations & Monitoring; Outreach; and Admin);
- Support the production of information products, such as news updates and feature-length content for dissemination via the mission’s digital media platforms and through traditional channels, such as Afghan media outlets;
- Contribute to day-to-day communications activities by preparing recommendations, reports and briefings designed to facilitate communication and engagement with key target audiences inside and outside Afghanistan;
- Coordinate with colleagues and partners to gather and disseminate information on assigned topics/issues, and collect information from diverse sources to prepare background materials and update communication products;
- Act as coordinator, as requested, on specific issues, special projects, outreach activities, press conferences, and other work;
- Track, research and provide analysis and reports on assigned issues;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Type of degree: Preferably in Communications, Mass Media, Cultural Studies, Journalism, Political Science or Related FieldRequired experience: Experience remark:
Preferably in communications, publishing, journalism, politics, or related field.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Dari(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Preferably in communications, publishing, journalism, politics, or related field.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Afghanistan and legal residents in Afghanistan with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 01 March 2020