Finance Manager-Syria Country Office-Damascus
NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria . As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC currently has over 3,000 staff across the Middle East dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to vulnerable displaced people that were forced to flee.
The Syrian Crisis is well into its seventh year, but the level and intensity of the conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs inside Syria are overwhelmingly resultant of the effects of the ongoing conflict in a complex emergency situation, in which displacement remains prevalent. According to the UNOCHA, 13.5 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance inside of Syria and millions have been forced to flee. Approximately 6.5 million people are IDPs - over one third of the total population, including those forced to leave the country, and more than 40% of the current population living inside the country.
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the Finance Structure in Syria Country Office is functioning according to NRC standard, as well as to support programme implementation from the financial perspective in Syria’s Areas of Implementation.
The Finance Manager is a key role in the NRC Syria Country Office, who contributes to provide financial analysis and allocate financial resources in the different areas of implementation in a highly challenging and volatile context.
Responsibilities related to the position include:
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures at national level
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Ensure that budgeting, accounting, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and auditor requirements
- Management of financial team at country office
- Training, development and internal “audits” of financial teams in all offices.
- Support and training of line managers with budget responsibilities
- Provide CMG and programme staff with monthly financial analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Any other task assigned by line-manager
Duty Station: Damascus, Syria
Duration: We offer up to a 12 month contract
Approved health certificate required prior to start