Program Associate (Locally recruited)
IDLO has been actively engaged in the Philippines since 1996. Between 1996 and 2001, it operated its Asia Regional Training Office (ARTO) in Manila, through which it provided training and technical assistance for the developing and transition economy countries of southeast and central Asia and the Pacific. In 2016, IDLO re-established its presence in the country, focusing on legal capacity building, institutional strengthening and supporting justice sector reform through technical expertise. The Philippines has been an IDLO Member Party since 1989.
The Project Enhancing the Institutional Capacity of Prosecutors in the Philippines (EICPP) was launched in 2016 and is now in its third phase of programming. Within such framework, IDLO has partnered with the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Office of the Ombudsman (OMB), the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) and the Philippine Judicial Academy (PHILJA) to support strengthening their capacities to perform core functions and better respond to corruption and crime.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Manager and in close coordination with the Project Team, the Program Associate will support the implementation of the EICPP Project, will provide assistance to the Field Program Coordinators in the management of the workload related to Project implementation, ensuring that internal procedures are followed and highlighting areas that need the attention of management appropriately. The key results will have an impact on the overall performance of the Project and success in project implementation.
The Program Associate will:
- Provide administrative support to the Program Team and ensure process integrity;
- Assist in the on-boarding of consultants, including processing consultancy contracts, preparing background readings, and ensuring that administrative aspects processed, as relevant;
- Support the preparation and follow up of Travel and Payment Requests, Purchase Requisitions, etc., ensuring that internal IDLO processes are followed;
- Provide support in the organization and implementation of Project activities, trainings, events, missions, meetings or presentations, including drafting minutes of or notes on such events;
- Organize and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc.;
- Ensure the use of consistent IDLO templates and tools;
- Assist with translations related to Project products, or in assistance to international staff;
- Assist with day-to-day Project specific administrative duties.
- Support in drafting of specific sections of Project donor reports, internal reports, briefing notes, knowledge products, communications materials, web content, etc., as requested by the supervisor;
- Perform relevant research work on Program related topics; and
- Any other relevant duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Law or a similar field is required.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, providing program support preferably within international organizations/settings.
- Demonstrated experience working on rule of law and with justice institutions is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Tagalog is required. Other national languages are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Sound computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the country;
- Familiarity with the Philippines legal system and rule of law and continuing professional development issues is an advantage;
- Ability to work well with others and actively participates, works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Highly organized, flexible, and detail-oriented team-player.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate;
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an affiliate contract until 20 August 2020, with the possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents of the duty station or individuals holding other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station.
The selected candidate is expected to start in January 2020. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure only the updated Resume and Cover Letter are attached.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.