Corporate Fundraising Consultant (National)
UNICEF Romania is looking for a National Consultant to support implementation of the fundraising plan, with a focus on corporate donors.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the post
Under the supervision of the Communication and Fundraising Manager, and in close collaboration with FR Officer, the consultant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the fundraising plan, with a focus on corporate donors.
The Corporate Consultant will also provide support for FR campaigns and events for local and international causes, as needed.
11 months, with the possibility to be extended upon results and availability of funds
Starting April/March 2020, upon availability
In 2018 UNICEF started a new five-year country partnership with Romania. The overall aim of the partnership is to continue to accelerate the universal realization of child rights, and improve the situation of excluded children living in marginalized communities with large minorities and in most vulnerable and deprived areas. This is accompanied by promoting a culture of rights, social norms and alliances that will benefit all children and enhance equity and solidarity in the country.
Also, UNICEF continues to be the ‘Voice’ for children and adolescents, advocating and communicating around key national policies, social issues, mind sets and attitudes. In the current country programme, UNICEF in Romania continues to raise funds locally, both for national projects and for other countries.
The private sector’s role as a key contributor to other resources is expected to grow. UNICEF fundraises from both corporate sector and private individuals are bringing on the market new techniques that provided excellent results in other markets.
In line with its Fundraising Strategy for 2018-2022, the Country Office increases its fundraising efforts from the corporate sector, with a focus on building long term alliances and generating sustainable income for vulnerable children. This will be achieved primarily through expanding current corporate partnerships and prospecting new methods of pledge donor recruitment through corporate.
The office needs a consultant to provide account management for the current and future corporate partners, and to contribute to retaining and building long term partnerships with the current and future corporate donors.
The consultant will support private sector companies into engaging in real partnerships that go also beyond monetary donations, with a focus on the ones with high potential for employee & customer fundraising.
The key tasks expected to be fulfilled by the consultant are:
- to support establishing long term alliances with new and warm corporate partners and building a sustainable income, and also to extend corporate partnerships beyond monetary sponsorship;
- to follow up the contracts with each corporate partner and make sure all deadlines are respected for report submissions, field trips etc.;
- to identify new potential partners, with focus on the ones with high potential for customer and employee fundraising;
- to provide support for organizing field trips with corporate partners;
- to prepare the documentation necessary for the meetings with potential corporate partners: presentations, project proposals, contracting, reporting, follow up etc.;
- to quickly and promptly respond to corporate partners’ requests and to liaise with relevant colleagues in the office, in order to collect the necessary information;
- to organize and provide support for UNICEF FR campaigns (give input to the development of communication materials needed for fundraising campaigns, such as: layouts, key visuals, spot concepts, key messages etc)
- to track results and to report on specific KPIs for corporate fundraising on dedicated platforms/tools;
The consultant will work in the UNICEF office and will deliver by e-mail, telephone or during meetings all the necessary documents and information. The consultant will work under the supervision of the Communication and Fundraising Manager. The duration of the contract is 11 months with possibility of extension, depending on the results obtained and availability of funds.
Payment will be made at the end of the month upon delivering the monthly written activity report.
Decision-making is limited to implementation, methods of work and prioritizing project activities in accordance with established work plan.
The supervisor will provide specific instructions for assignments and will review work regularly for accuracy and soundness.
Recommendations are made to supervisor on appropriate course of action regarding project adjustments as a result of observations or necessary follow up actions.
- active contribution to growing sustainable income, through the provision of high quality services to corporate donors, thus renewing the donation contracts, increasing the annual level of contributions and establishing long term partnerships;
- develop project proposals, presentation packages;
- generated income from corporate partners;
- generated income from FR campaigns.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualification and experience
- University and / or Master’s degree in marketing, social science, economics, political studies or related field;
- minimum of 7 years of experience in the private sector – of which account management / client service are preferable, marketing, sales, project management are considered as well;
Skills and competencies
- analytical and conceptual skills;
- planning and monitoring skills;
- ability to organize work and projects;
- ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions;
- computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization;
- good writing skills, especially related to communication materials for private sector organizations;
- excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in Romanian and English;
- very good negotiation skills
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
A financial offer Financial template_Mar 2020.docx must be included, specifying the requested gross monthly fee, taking into consideration that the consultant will be responsible for paying all his/her due income taxes as per Romanian legislation.
Application deadline:2nd of April 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The contract will be awarded based on the best combination of expertise and fee.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Consultants and Individual contractors are responsible for paying any taxes derived from the earnings received from UNICEF.