Project Manager - India (20-19)
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Project Manager to lead the implementation of the sweet potato project: “Generating Advances in Income and Nutrition through Sweet Potato” in Odisha, India.
The Position: The Project Manager should be driven by the desire to achieve impact on poverty through high quality development interventions in close coordination with project partners. The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and reporting. He/she will directly supervise an interdisciplinary team of specialists. The position will be based in Bhubaneswar, India and will report to Country Manager, India. This is a National recruited position that will work closely with other CIP science teams at CIP regional office in New Delhi, India and it headquarter in Lima, Peru. The assignment will include frequent travel within Odisha.
What are we looking for?
- PhD level degree in Agriculture / Social Sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
- Strong experience of at least 10 years in agriculture field, coordinating multi-institutional collaboration projects.
- Project Management-Budget Monitoring-Advanced studies in specific field related to agriculture.
- Field-based rural development project promoting agricultural or other technological innovation, preferably in sweetpotato in India.
- Excellent knowledge of innovation systems research and underlying social science methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience of coordinating multi-institutional collaboration in support of rural communities and their governance structures.
- Experience in fundraising research, technical reporting and budget monitoring.
- Strong understanding of integrating gender and other social equity considerations into project design and delivery.
- Experience of coordinating rigorous M&E and hands-on technical reporting.
- Strong experience of using communication technologies as research and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are a must; additional communication skills in Hindi are an additional asset.
- Good record of scientific and technical publications.
- Willingness to travel frequently in-country and work under field conditions.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.