Maintenance and Contract Manager (EN-HE-HEM-2020-43-LD)
Company DescriptionAt CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Do you have experience in the maintenance management and operation of transport and handling equipment such as cranes, hoists, lifts and custom-built equipment? Would you like to help organising to maintain and consolidate all kind of handling equipment in one of the biggest laboratory in Europe? Then take part and work alongside engineers, scientists, and various technical teams at CERN!
As Engineer in the Handling Equipment Management Section, you will take part in drafting market survey’s, specifications, setting up and managing maintenance contract(s) for about 370 cranes, 900 hoists, 130 lifts and miscellaneous other handling equipment of which many are of strategical importance for the operation of CERNs accelerator complex and its Experiments.
- Take the lead in specifying, setting up and managing maintenance contracts;
- Organize, coordinate and supervise maintenance interventions;
- Plan, schedule and supervise installation and repair works in collaboration with the services concerned;
- Ensure that the work performed complies with maintenance routines, assembly drawings, priorities and deadlines;
- Keep the installation files up-to-date (technical files, equipment lists, etc.);
- Write functional and technical specifications;
- Monitor the handling equipment performance by using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems;
- Optimize maintenance plans;
- Provide input to set priorities for the consolidation schedule of the fleet;
- Ensure compliance with safety rules for all activities described above.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanics, electro-mechanics, mechatronics or industrial maintenance and project management or a related field.
Additional relevant operation licenses for EOT cranes and mobile elevating working platforms (MEWP) is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in the management of maintenance contracts (for an equipment park of more than 400 assets) including the commissioning of handling equipment;
- Experience in writing technical / service specifications;
- Setting up and follow up of new maintenance contracts ;
- Performance and budget management of maintenance contracts.
- Desirable experience in writing functional specifications of complex equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in defining and achieving KPIs
- Organisation, planning and control: organization, coordination and follow up of installation and maintenance interventions in relation with site / building responsible and contractors
- Use of office software packages
- Contract management: technical contract management
- Commissioning & maintenance of transport and handling equipment & systems
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems respectively Enterprise Asset Management Systems.
- Achieving Results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
- Solving Problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them Recognizing what is essential; discriminating between important and peripheral information and being able to see the whole picture
- Demonstrating Flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements being able to deal with ambiguous or unpredictable situations
- Working in Teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues
- Learning and Sharing Knowledge: proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies. Creating or participating in forums to exchange experience, comparing techniques and learn from others
Spoken and written English or French: Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in English and an undertaking to acquire the other language rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 01.04.2020.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: EN-HE-HEM-2020-43-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Electromechanical Engineer
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further