Mexico City (Mexico)
IDLO IN MEXICO
IDLO is committed and engaged with Mexican institutions to support the rule of law in Mexico by strengthening the capacity of police institutions as they apply the police professionalization process as part of the country’s criminal justice system reform. The project will focus on capacity development in three areas. The first one focuses on supporting initial training for the preventive police at the municipal level under the Professionalization Framework Program (PRP) and certification process to improve their competence and professionalism. Next, the project will enhance the knowledge and skills of first responders to improve their performance in the criminal process and therefore the quality of criminal justice. The third area will address the capacity of procedural police to consolidate the units at the state level to ensure adequate implementation of the criminal justice system.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy. It coordinates the necessary monitoring, coordination, compliance, quality control, and progress reporting of programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Program Associate ensures process integrity and provides administrative assistance to the program team in order to support program delivery.
Summary of Functions:
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the Program Coordinator and Program team and ensure process integrity.
- Provide support to the implementation of the trainings and support vetting.
- Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and different sections within the Field Office (e.g. HR, Security, Finance, Procurement, External Relations and Communications).
- Support (in close coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation area) the process of designing replication strategy by state authorities and support for their implementation.
- Conduct any other tasks as required by the supervisor.
Key results expected:
1. Provide administrative and logistic support to the Program Coordinator and Program team and ensure process integrity, including:
- Support mission preparation and administration including preparation of Travel Request and Travel Report, complying with all processes;
- Assist in the on-boarding of new Programs employees and consultants, including preparing background readings and welcome packages;
- Draft meetings minutes, including of calls with external donors/partners;
- Organize and maintain master file of program-related data and materials, program record files, technical publications, contracts, etc., available to management when requested;
- Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs;
- Support on designing of documents with research and analysis for the implementation of the project;
- Assist with translations related to the program; and
- Provide any other support in relation to the implementation of the project;
2. Provide support to the implementation of the trainings and support vetting;
- Manage the stock of support materials for the trainings and prepare shipments to training locations;
- Maintain day-to-day contacts with trainers on attendance lists, meals and lodging registry, absence permissions;
- Revise vetting inputs from State authorities;
- Work in close coordination with the donor´s vetting unit to ensure a functional information flow;
- Keep a permanently up-to-date registry of vetting results;
- Administer training results and prepare training certificates;
- Provide support to the follow-up with state authorities regarding the selection of candidates, and Basic Skills and Performance Evaluations, as well as Single Police Certificate records;
- Revise and update support materials for the trainings (handbooks, presentations, exercises, among others) in line with changes in the valid legislation or the operational context of the project;
- Visit training locations during program visits, and opening and closure ceremonies; and
- Document management: maintain copies of all relevant documents on Sharepoint.
3. Support the coordination of work and information flow between offices (HQ/Field) and different sections within the Field Office (e.g. HR, Security, Finance, Procurement, External Relations and Communications) focusing on the following:
- Provide up-to-date information to Security on ongoing training activities;
- Maintain up to date files and alert the supervisor of action needed to be taken;
- Provide support to program development, coordinating amongst program teams and support functions; and
- Assist in the organization of institutional and program events/courses/external visits/presentations, and coordinate with other IDLO interested departments about these.
4. Support (in close coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation area) the process of designing replication strategy by state authorities and support for their implementation.
- Preparing and sending material for replication implementation
- Contribute to the collection of information and elaborate qualitative and quantitative analyses on the relevant aspects of the implementation of the courses
- Provide information and results of qualitative and quantitative analyses to the M&E area
- Maintain the qualitative and quantitative information of the replication initiative of the course duly updated, filed, as well as the information generated by the Programs area as input for the area of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintain constant communications with the states participating in the course replicates and the evaluation of institutional change to organize meetings, prepare meetings and provide the necessary follow-up.
- Carry out field visits in conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation area, for the collection of information or data and with the communication team, to document the good practices of the course and its replication, in accordance with the guidelines issued for this purpose by IDLO headquarters in Rome.
- Actively participate in working meetings between the Programs and Monitoring and Evaluation areas
- Document Registry: Keep copies of all relevant documentation on the electronic information storage platforms used by IDLO
5. Conduct any other tasks as required by the supervisor, related to the implementation of the project.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- University degree in Statistics, Computer Science, International Development, or other relevant sciences.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar positions.
- Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Spanish are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with standard program and data management tools;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others.
- Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to local nationals, permanent residents or those residents with a valid residency/working permit of the duty station.
The selected candidates will be offered a contract for 12 months, with the possibility of an extension based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.
IDLO offers a competitive remuneration (30,000 USD yearly) and benefits for nationally-recruited employees including a comprehensive leave package as well as medical insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 27 March 2020 and kindly note that only short- listed applicants will be contacted.