Programme Management Delegate (Livelihood and DRR)
Location: Barishal, Bangladesh
Contract type: Fixed term (until April 31st 2021), British Red Cross (BRC) contracted
Hours: Full Time - 35 hours per week
Salary: 30,056 GBP paplus monthly subsistence allowance
In Barishal, Bangladesh, most women miss out on getting an education and training, and struggle to make a living. It's almost impossible for them to support their families, especially against the constant threat of deadly monsoons and flooding. In this role as Programme Manager you will be responsible for BRC's UK Aid Match-supported Resilient Livelihood programme in Barishal, Bangladesh with a particular focus on ensuring programme quality and building local capacity in livelihood programme management, cash transfer programming as well as monitoring and evaluation skills. This project will build partially on the achievements of the vulnerability to resilience (V2R)programme, an integrated resilience building programme, which has been implemented in Barishal since 2015.
As Programme Manager you will manage 4 members of staff and be responsible for the overall programme,resource and partnership management. You will also represent the BRC at Red Cross Movement and external forums. You will be line managed by the BRC's Country Manager based in Dhaka and work closely with BRCs Livelihoods and DRR technical specialists based in London.
To be successful in this role you must have experience in:
* Overall project management, including planning and tracking
* Solid understanding of the international humanitarian sector with a focus on integrated programming, participatory planning, and local institution capacity building
* Technical/professional knowledge within the areas of cash and markets with an emphasis on the ability to design and implement cash-based interventions, labour market assessments, market-based interventions, skills development, value chain analysis and ensure appropriate monitoring with knowledge of disaster risk management approaches
* Demonstrating capacity to engage effectively at operational level with government, UN, NGO's and other stakeholders.
* Financial management, budgeting, and BvA analysis
* Risk assessment and management
Closing date for applications is 23:59 UK time, Tuesday 10th March
Interviews will take place week commencing 16th March
[Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.]
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting reference REQ0000028SP
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
* Accommodation while on deployment
* Subsistence allowances while overseas
* Travel to and from the country of posting, plus long service flights
* Comprehensive insurance, including medical,personal effects and life insurance
* Pre and post assignment medicals and access to excellent health and wellbeing benefits
* Access to a pension, which you can join at anytime during your contract
* Generous leave entitlement (36 days inc. public holidays)
Click here to learn more about British Red Cross' work internationally
A little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK and around the world get the support they need if crisis strikes.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Diversity is something we celebrate and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment, and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.
In the British Red Cross we will not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture of integrity in the organisation where misconduct is not tolerated, situations of abuse are quickly investigated and perpetrators are dealt with effectively.
If you are appointed to a role within BRC you will be subject to the organisation's Code of Conduct, a copy of which you can find on our website.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent overseas criminal records checking of all individuals who work overseas with us.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linkedin - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis