Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
The incumbent, being the communication and advocacy focal point, will report directly to the Partnership, Planning and Performance Lead, under the matrix reporting to the AFRO Regional Communications Manager and under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative in the Country office. The officers will collaborate with relevant technical officers in the RO. The first line responsibility involves promoting effective communication strategies and establishing press/media networks. S/he will engage with subject matter experts in the organization to agree on best tactics to advocate WHO’s work, goals and achievements. The incumbent will also liaise with a broad range of officials from the press and media, partner organizations and institutions, target audiences, health cluster partners and official representatives from the national authorities to obtain information and, as necessary, provide advice on communication opportunities.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
- Develop and implement communications plans which includes a timeline of key communications products.
- Identify subjects/stories of interest pertaining to WHO efforts at the country or Regional level to develop communications products such as feature stories, press releases and social media posts.
- Work together with WHO Country office and the Regional Communications Team to conceptualize a set of new advocacy documents to inform stakeholders and the general public about WHO's response, co-develop, as relevant, high quality media tools, including audio-visual, photographic and printed materials, television and radio programmes, multimedia presentations, social media, videos and press releases, bulletins etc., to promote WHO's visibility, achievements and success stories.
- Liaise with the press/media to advocate and disseminate information on WHO work as well as relevant events such as WHO campaigns. Organize interviews and filming opportunities to support high-visibility of WHO achievements through television, radio and newspapers, etc.
- Manage the development and maintenance of content for the country website and social media platforms, in compliance with guidelines and standards used throughout the Organization, to ensure consistency of approach. Critically review and improve contents.
- Prepare communication and advocacy products and statements to be used by the Resource Mobilization team in convincing and encouraging donors to rapidly fund the overall health sector response to affected populations.
- Collaborate with all relevant actors, including the health cluster, regional and field offices, other WHO departments, UN agencies, and other partners to identify and create communication opportunities and prepare communication campaigns on specific topics.
- Represent the WHO Country Office (WCO) in the UN Communication Group and provide appropriate technical support as required.
- Organize advocacy events, press interactions and meetings to increase the visibility of WHO and knowledge about the work of the WCO;
- Support Ministry of Health (MoH) public communications during key health events including health emergencies, through the development of talking points, press releases, press statements and other media products.
- Perform any other communication specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
- A first university degree in communication, journalism, political science or international relations or related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Desirable Education: Formal qualification in public health; Courses in communication techniques such as graphic design, visual language and in the use of social media. Training in risk communication is an asset.
- At least 3 - 5 years of professional work experience at the national and international level, in external communications. Proven experience in writing engaging communications materials.
- Desirable Experience: Prior working experience with WHO/UN or with an international nongovernmental organization; experience in organizing advocacy campaigns and experience in managing publishing processes. Proven experience in writing advocacy documents. Proven experience in taking photographs or filming video which are of professional quality
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- Proven skills in the development and implementation of communications plans
- Proven skills in writing feature stories and other key communications products
- Proven skills in engaging with national, regional and international media and securing media coverage
- Excellent interpersonal skills complemented by the ability to conceptualize ideas and advocate consensus.
- Excellent Word, Excel and Power point skills
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
Pas encore enregistré/e dans la banque de candidats VNU ?
Veuillez d’abord enregistrer votre profil sur le site : https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important : Une fois votre compte crée, veillez à compléter toutes les sections de votre profil et le soumettre. Puis, connectez-vous à ‘Ma Page’ sur https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage et cliquez sur le lien ‘Recrutement spécial’. Enfin, sélectionnez l’annonce de recrutement spécial à laquelle vous souhaitez postuler.
* Vous avez déjà un profil dans la banque de candidats VNU ?
Veuillez d’abord mettre à jour votre profil sur le site : https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Puis, connectez-vous à ‘Ma Page’ sur https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage et cliquez sur le lien ‘Recrutement spécial’ pour sélectionner l’annonce de recrutement spécial à laquelle vous souhaitez postuler.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
Ceci est une annonce pour une affectation VNU national. Par conséquence, seuls les citoyens de Tchad et les résidents légaux de Tchad ayant une carte de résident de ce pays, le statut de réfugié ou d’apatride peuvent postuler à cette annonce. N’oubliez pas de cocher oui pour : « Je voudrais être considéré/e pour le volontariat dans mon pays. »
Date limite pour postuler : 23-03-2020