INEE Coordinator - Member Engagement
New York City (United States of America)
INEE is seeking a Coordinator for Member Engagement to drive member engagement and growth of the network around the world, and to help develop structures and manage activities that foster connections and knowledge sharing across the INEE community. Our work environment is informal, collaborative and professional. This position will work closely with all members of the INEE Secretariat, and reports to the Senior Coordinator for Communications. Preferred start date is April 2020. This is a new, full-time position. This position will preferably be based in Africa, Latin America, or the Middle East; in a city where IRC is registered.
Who we are
The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is an open global network of more than 16,000 members who work together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure all persons the right to quality and safe education in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. The network improves communication and coordination among its members by cultivating and facilitating collaborative relationships and creating opportunities and space for sharing knowledge, developing resources, informing policy, building capacity, and undertaking joint advocacy. www.inee.org
Within the network’s strategic framework and functional priorities, the INEE Coordinator for Member Engagement will oversee the network architecture and activities to ensure that all individual and institutional members have meaningful engagement opportunities. The Coordinator will help develop and implement strategies for strengthening and diversifying the INEE membership, with an emphasis on better engaging people and organizations from humanitarian contexts and crisis-affected communities.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Implement a member engagement strategy that builds meaningful relationships and drives engagement, learning, and peer-to-peer connections across the network
• Drive new member registration to increase overall membership, with focus on specific geographic and language areas
• Ensure new members are successfully onboarded and integrated into the network, setting them up for long term engagement
• Help define and develop INEE network architecture, including network spaces (e.g. working groups, task teams, language communities, etc.); what they are, how they function and interact, how they feedback to the greater network, and how they iterate over time;
• Help define and develop an enhanced membership structure, including possibly tiered levels of membership, clear member benefits and incentives, institutional membership profiles, etc.
• Provide logistical and technical support for INEE events and forums, including: INEE Meet-Ups, working group meetings, policy roundtables, discussion forums, membership surveys, network-wide challenges/contests, global consultations, and strategic planning processes
• Support the creation and management of ad hoc virtual communities of members around particular interests, geography, and/or demographics
• Engage as a technical expert and global advocate on education in emergencies.
INEE recognizes that experience comes in a variety of forms and is willing to consider candidates with a range of backgrounds. We are a small, high-performing staff and the ideal candidate must fit into our fast-paced, mission-aligned, globally-dispersed team. This requires a self-starter who will thrive working together with a team and independently, is willing to dive into new projects, and eager to contribute in a wide variety of. This position works in close coordination with and reports to the Sr. Communications Coordinator. A successful candidate will have the following personal and professional traits:
• Passion for our mission and driving positive social change
• Humility and ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in
• Relationship-driven focus
• Commitment to a learning mindset
• Collaborative culture builder
• Education: An advanced university degree in a related field
• Work Experience: Minimum 4-5 years of directly relevant professional experience
• Experience coordinating networks, member-based organizations, or other partnership-driven initiatives
• Solid understanding of network theory and principles of practice in organizing social impact networks
• Experience building or scaling engagement programs
• Experience interacting with multiple stakeholders, including UN agencies, donors, NGOs, and governments
• Strong organizational and coordination skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
• Able and willing to work highly independently, with limited daily supervision, and also in collaboration with globally dispersed colleagues and partners
• Comfortable in entrepreneurial and nimble environment, working as a resourceful, flexible team member who can wear many hats as needed to meet objectives
• Unwavering attention to detail
• Strong technological skills
• Ability to learn and develop new skills
• Willing and able to travel
Preferred experience & skills:
• Experience managing a customer relationship management (CRM) system
• Knowledge and experience in the field of education in emergencies and the humanitarian community
• Highly proficient in Google Apps and web content management systems
• Fluency in French, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Arabic
• This role may require working remotely full or part-time, and part-time remote employees may be required to share workspace. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace where they can effectively complete their work during regularly scheduled work hours.
• Some international travel as needed up to 15%
• This position will preferably be based in Africa, Latin America, or the Middle East.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.