The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
FAO participates in the development and implementation of field projects in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development. This requires integration within the broader framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at increasing production and productivity, addressing climate change, managing natural resources and enhancing rural livelihoods.
The project "PROMOVE Agribiz" is financed by the European Union and jointly implemented by FAO and the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ). The objective of the project is to contribute to sustainable, inclusive and broad-based economic growth and poverty reduction in the context of national food and nutrition security and climate change. The project will be implemented in the provinces of Nampula and Zambézia and the specific objectives are\: i) to improve food and nutrition security and resilience of smallholders through climate-smart and nutrition-sensitive agriculture development; and ii) to enhance rural competitiveness through improved participation of smallholders and Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSMEs) in economic activities, economic diversification, improved access to rural services and improved rural investment climate.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Mozambique, and the direct supervision of the project’s Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and hub coordinator, the Administrative Assistant and his/her main mission will be to provide administrative, logistics and overall support in the organization of the below listed tasks.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Mozambique, and reporting directly to the Chief Technical Advisor and the hub coordinator of the projects, the Administrative Assistant will\:
- Support the organization of workshops, technical events, public consultancies, technical missions to project scope provinces throughout scheduling ensuring the overall administrative and logistic functioning of the events;
- Set up a scheme for the supervision of the implementation;
- Contribute to establishment of good communication between the project, FAO Representation in Mozambique, as well as with other partners, NGOs and government institutions at national, provincial and district level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Setting up and managing the project’s hub offices
- Organize all project folders including the project budget file
- Set up and maintain computer files in a logical and transparent manner
- Assist in the scheduling and preparation of meetings and take minutes
- Assist in the preparation and reviewing of Letters of Agreement and the routing for clearance/approval
- Draft contracts and explain content to counterparts if necessary
- Assist in the preparation of reports, including Quarterly Project Implementation Reports
- Create and maintain HR records for all project staff including consultants
- Organize all travel related to the project
- Set up a scheme for day to day office running
- Review the project vehicle log books and fuel consumption and make timely requests for fuel replenishment
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the project´s inventory
- Assist the Project Coordinator, Operations Officer and other project staff in liaising with all partners particularly Government Agencies, facilitating good communication between all staff and stakeholders of the project.
- Prepare and submit procurement related documentation to the procurement panel
- Use online administrative systems in support of project implementation
- Maintain financial records and monitor systems to reconcile expenditure with account balances
- Prepare recurring Operational Cash Advance for the project
- Prepare and submit payment requests ensuring that all supporting documentation is attached
- Assist the CTA/ hub coordinator in budgetary control by providing up-to-date information
- Perform other duties as required and requested by the CTA and the Operations Officer
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Secondary School Diploma, management or accounting certificate is an advantage
- At least two years’ experience working with administrative, logistics or operations role;
- Portuguese language skills preferential, English language skills is an asset.
- National of Mozambique
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in field based projects
- Extent and relevance of experience working with communities or forest projects
- Standard computer skills required;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems expeditiously and pragmatically; tact, initiative and sound judgment; ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people or different national and cultural backgrounds;