Malaria Manager - National Position
Malaria Manager - National PositionMalteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001 and currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
In support of our work in Mong Pyin, Mong Phyak, Mong Hsat and Mong Tong Townships, based in Kyaing Tong, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Malaria Manager (National Position).
- Provide technical input to and support in the implementation of all activities under the RAI2E Malaria Project component and comprising: Integrated Community Malaria Volunteer (ICMVs) activities; integrated community case management; Community Health Education; Accelerating to find the target communities of MMEVs (Mobile, Migrant, Ethnic and Vulnerable Population)
- Ensure adherence to National Malaria Treatment Guidelines in the case management in ICMV volunteer and MI mobile team staffs
- To coordinate with Country Office Health team and logistic team on developing effective IECs for awareness raising sessions in line with the local context
- Check and prepare orders of medical drugs and supplies (in terms of need, appropriateness and quality) and ensure that medical stocks are properly managed in collaboration with pharmacy, Logistic and Finance/Admin Teams
- Conduct regular trainings for all the concerned staffs, and ICMVs training (new and refresher trainings) and coordinate with National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) whenever necessary
- Investigate and follow-up on any implementation challenges, provide feedback and propose remedial action to the Program Coordinator, the Country Health Coordinators and Technical Health Coordinator
- Qualified medical doctor with previous work experience (minimum 4 years) in public health, preferably with clinical/ management experience in Malaria programmes
- Ability to ensure supportive supervision, data collection and reporting
- Good communication skills and ability to facilitate training
- Ability to organize and conduct training and proper utilization of IEC materials
- Interest and motivation to work in remote area
- Ability to live and work under demanding work environments with minimum available basic facilities
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Kyaing Tong, frequently travel to Tachileik, Mong Pyin, Mong Phyak, Mong Hsat and Mong Tong Townships, Eastern Shan State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: One-year contract with possible extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th Month Salary & Health Insurance
- Only short listed candidates will be notified for personal interview
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas, three professional references and your salary expectation) online until March 27th, 2020.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.