Healthy Ageing Specialist
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the overall guidance of WHO Representative and the direct supervision of the Universal Health Care Team Coordinator, the UN Volunteer Healthy Ageing Specialist will:
- Provide technical assistance in healthy ageing:
- Contribute to development of a draft master plan for health care of older people;
- Support organization of national consultation processes of the draft master plan;
- Contribute to launch of ICOPE training materials to primary health care workers;
- Support organization of a workshop on age-friendly city and social determinants of health;
- Support organization of other policy and/or community dialogue related to healthy ageing.
- Perform other duties as requested/required by the WHO Vietnam office.
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. health policy, health systems, public health or related fields.
- A first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least one year of professional work experience at the national or international level in health policy and systems, public health, health equity or other relevant programmes; including the experience and knowledge of the health sector in Vietnam is strong asset, as is experience working in the WHO or other UN/international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in the mission of promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals especially the goal on Universal Health Coverage (UHC) with a principle of leaving no one behind, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow to register on the UN Volunteers' Global Talent Pool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Viet Nam and legal residents in the country with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 27 March 2020