Georgia: Chief of Party
Internews seeks a Chief of Party for a potential USAID-funded project in Georgia that will coordinate efforts in countering disinformation; strengthen the capacity of local actors to put out fact-based messages, and diagnose, track, and respond to disinformation. The Chief of Party will provide strategic guidance and leadership; oversee project activities; supervise program personnel, financial management, and administration; and coordinate with USAID and other media stakeholders in the region to ensure that Internews leverages existing resources, avoids duplication, and complements other media development initiatives. This position will also be responsible for establishing strong partnerships with counterparts nationally and across the region and with the appropriate donor representatives.
Note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Provide strategic, operational and representational leadership.
- Oversee organization and implementation of all project activities, as well as project monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure project impact.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local and regional partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries.
- Write and edit project reports, communications materials, and other project documentation in collaboration with Internews staff and according to award stipulations.
- Serve as public face of the project in the region and primary point of contact for regional and in-country donor missions and stakeholders.
- Maintain strategic awareness of issues related to independent media and disinformation in the country and the larger region.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with all cooperative agreement rules, requirements and regulations as well as with Internews’ internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary budget authority over the project, responsible for ensuring all costs charged to the project are allowable, reasonable, and correctly allocated.
- Maintain regular communications with Internews headquarters staff to communicate progress on programming and address upcoming issues in advance.
- Provide support as necessary for developing new relationships and business initiatives.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Program Director, or equivalent high-level experience with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with local counterparts, international organizations, and donors.
- Experience working with independent media and/or local research organizations highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of the local and regional media sector.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media or democracy projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans.
- Experience implementing complex, multifaceted development initiatives with demonstrated skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and overseeing diverse teams of employees.
- Proven experience working effectively with independent media, CSOs, various types of partners, and local government counterparts.
- Experience with USG-funded media projects is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and provide ethical management.
- English fluency required, proficiency in Georgian and Russian highly preferred.
- Relevant university degree required.
To apply, please visit our website.