Re-advertisement - Administrative Associate (Open to Sudanese Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Sudan will streamline recruitment processes to attract and retain talents, which has been a major challenge of the CO and has negatively impacted the delivery and perception of partners and key stakeholders. The CO will further enhance business efficiency monitoring tools, keep training partners in operations and financial procedures and carrying out regular oversight of implementing partners. The office is strengthening the “process analysis” and “process engineering” for efficient and effective delivery, value for money and enhanced accountability and control. This will require the development of SOPs (Special Operations Procedures) and continuous learning approach.
Reporting to the Country Representative, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general administration and operations support to the Sudan CO in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies:
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/ sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary.
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes:
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
Coordinate and organize administrative Human Resources services:
- Create and upload vacancy announcements and organize interview panels;
- Maintain staffing lists and reports;
- Assume overall responsibility for attendance and leave management monitoring;
- Provide support in personnel administration for international and national staff as appropriate (e.g. renewal of UNLPs, visas; extension of contracts, administration of national benefits and allowances; administration of home leave entitlements);
- Prepare staffing/personnel related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
- Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost-effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.