Customer Services Associate, GS6, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, # 94998 (National post, open to Malaysians)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
UNICEF Malaysia is looking for Customer Service Associate that will be responsible for providing effective and timely responses to donor inquiries and requests and must be able to lead, manage and supervise customer service team for UNICEF Malaysia.
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion and an Advocate!
How can you make a difference?
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does - in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children's rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. Every child has an unequal chance in life - in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions - and her or his rights can not be violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society's most disadvantaged citizens - addressing inequity - not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nation.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1xkXZs0cAQ
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Fundraising Specialist (Donor Management), the Customer Services Associate is responsible for providing effective and timely responses to donor inquiries and requests as well as working together with the Donation Processing Assistant to ensure data integrity. In doing so, he/she will:
- Ensure the consistent provision of professional, donor-focused customer service by:
- Managing and supervise customer service team for UNICEF Malaysia.
- Managing inquiries from various sources in a timely fashion.
- Managing follow-up to failed transactions.
- Managing case escalations and ensuring all cases are closed.
- Enlisting relevant assistance from various internal teams and external party/ies to support resolution of inquiries.
- Manage the customer service function to deliver the highest level of donor and donation payment data at all times.
- Assist in data entry of donor profiles and donations.
- Work closely with Donation Processing Assistant and Customer Service & Data Management Assistant whenever relevant.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by Fundraising Specialist (Donor Management).
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have....
- Completion of secondary education; proven data entry and customer service ability, knowledge of data management an asset.
- 6 years Customer Service experience. Knowledge of Data Management will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to converse and read in Bahasa language required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills', including internet navigation and various office applications is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate....
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are: Analyzing (II), Applying Technical Expertise (II), Planning & Organizing (II), and Following Instructions and Procedures (II).
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
* This is a National position and all eligible Malaysians are encouraged to apply.
* A written test may be used as a form of screening.
* In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- The remuneration for the above position may be access through UN Salaries Website as follows: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/malaysia.htm (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and other benefits including 30 days of annual leave, mobile allowance, and dependency allowances for dependent family members.
- Pension All staff members with six or more months of contract duration will be participants of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund. The pensionable remuneration, will be subject to a 7.9% deduction as a staffs contribution. The Organization pays a contribution equivalent to 15.8% of a staff's pensionable remuneration to the fund on his behalf. On separation with less than five years of service, the staffs contribution will be refunded with interest. Website: www.unjspf.org
- UNICEF is committed to workforce diversity and encourages all qualified male and female applicants to apply within its workforce and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.