Trainer – Gender Expert
Application closing: 27 March, 2020
PROJECT: Workshop and training on gender inclusive peacebuilding in Burundi
Interpeace is an international organization for peacebuilding, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Its aim is to strengthen the capacities of societies to manage conflict in non-violent, non-coercive ways by assisting national actors in their efforts to develop social and political cohesion. Interpeace also strives to assist the international community (and in particular the UN) to play a more effective role in supporting peacebuilding efforts around the world through better understanding and response to the challenges of creating local capacities that enhance social and political cohesion. For more information about Interpeace, please visit www.interpeace.org
Interpeace has been requested by its donors to engage more deeply in gender inclusive peacebuilding in its Burundi Programming. Thus, a consultant Gender Expert is to be engaged to design, implement and report on a gender workshop to be held in Burundi the last weeks of April 2020.
Service or Assignment Description and Objective(s)
TRAINER – GENDER EXPERT CONSULTANT
Scope of work
The Gender Expert Consultant will undertake the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Engage with Interpeace staff on the design, methodology and content of a gender inclusive peacebuilding workshop relevant to the Burundian context;
- Develop tools and modules for the 4-day workshop to be validated by Interpeace staff;
- Conduct 4-day workshop to be held in Bujumbura, Burundi;
- Prepare for and participate in a round table on gender inclusive peacebuilding with relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare a final report with concrete recommendation to be taken under advisement by Interpeace and its Burundian partners.
Activities, Deliverables and Timeframe
Download chart here.
Qualifications and competences
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Work experience on gender inclusive approaches in Burundi
- Previous demonstrated experience within the INGO and/or IGO sector
- Strong knowledge of gender inclusive approaches in the areas of development, peacebuilding or related disciplines
- Fluency in English and French
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a covering letter of interest with three professional references, along with a brief proposal of how they plan to undertake the consultancy and at least one sample of previous work similar to the one described in the TOR.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 27th March 2020. For the application to be considered, “**GENDER EXPERT BURUNDI + your name**” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email.
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. Early applications are encouraged.
Interpeace values diversity among its staff and aims at achieving greater gender parity in all levels of its work. We welcome applications from women and men, including those with disabilities.