Area Coordinator, Iraq
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader with a longing to serve the hurting? Samaritan’s Purse in Iraq is looking for an Area Coordinator to serve as the senior representative for humanitarian programming in the Qaraqosh area. Your compassion and expertise will help to ensure continued Christ-like care for a struggling population. For an opportunity to serve a war-torn populace as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Responsible for leadership, direction, and oversight of the Samaritan’s Purse Iraq Qaraqosh Office.
- Manages operations, human resources, financial management, and community relations for programs in designated area.
- Works closely with pertinent departments to ensure that Qaraqosh base operations are organized and implemented in accordance with organizational and donor policies.
- Supervises program managers in day-to-day implementation of their programs, ensuring operational procedures support program objectives.
- Ensures spending adheres to organizational, donor, and statutory guidelines and policies.
- Supports Program Managers and Program Development Officer to develop and set up new projects in line with in-country strategy and available opportunities.
- Assists with ensuring timely and accurate reporting to affiliate offices, government, and donors.
- Contributes to development of country programming through program and budget proposals.
- Provides occasional representation at meetings with government, donor, and civil society partners, actively engaging with stake holders to increase support and publicity.
- Assists the Senior Programs Manager in oversight of day to day operations, including hosting teams and visitors.
- Assists the Senior Programs Manager in fostering spiritual support, encouragement, and growth among all staff.
- Demonstrates exemplary Christian servant leadership in all aspects of work and relationships.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned by the country office leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in preferably in Business, Economics, Health and Nutrition, Food Security, livelihoods, or WASH from an accredited university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements, and standards.
- Possess organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible, patient, and adaptable.
- Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Attention to detail, anticipation, and follow up are core values of the job function.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and iForm.
- Must have analytical, statistical, and report-writing skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English required, Arabic skills preferred.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year