Logistics and administrative coordinator (M/F) - Bangladesh
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde (MdM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM France currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France has launched a quick assessment in Bangladesh in December 2016 to explore the humanitarian situation in the country. MdM validated then a gradual intervention in Bangladesh and the MdM mission in Bangladesh opened in February 2017. From August 2017, a massive wave of population fleeing violence in the Rakhine state in Myanmar crossed the border to find refuge in Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh. This unprecedented situation created an emergency humanitarian situation.
After nearly 2 years of emergency activities in Cox’s bazar, MdM has now entered in a new phase and aims at strengthening its response at qualitative level and to become a recognized actor on Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Mental Health and PsychoSocial Support (MHPSS) through technical support to all non-governmental organizations (national and international) implementing healthcare services in refugee camps, for both host communities and displaced population.
In coordination with relevant national and local authorities, institutional donors and local partners, MdM now wishes to strengthen and develop its operations in the field of Migration, health and human rights, Crises and emergencies, and Mental health and psychosocial support.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the support departments at the HQ and with the field teams in Cox's Bazar, the coordinator is responsible for the overall management of finances, accounting, logistics, human resources, administrative and legal aspects of the projects.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
Accounting, budget planning & monitoring
- Supervise operations of accounting but also the budget planning and monitoring
- Ensure programs monitoring
- Develop and implement the financial procedures and guidelines
- Supervise invoices and allowance payment
Funding & Donors
- Ensure the representation of MdM in front of donors
- Follow-up the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors
- Negotiate financial elements and prepare answers to contractual obligations fixed by donors
Human resources management
HR & Administrative management of the national staff:
- Develop the HR policy regarding the context in Bangladesh
- Create or improve a database for the monthly allowance payment including all taxes
- Ensure the application of MdM rules for the national staff (HR & administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information…)
HR & Administrative management of the expatriate staff:
- Ensure the existence of written job descriptions
- Participate in the definition of living rules and working conditions
- Supervise the constitution of individual files
- Supervise the payment of monthly per-diem for volunteers and advances for our expatriates
- Respect the rules for expatriate management regarding to their status (volunteer, salary, desk)
- Follow up HR & administrative aspects for expatriates with HQ: modifying flight tickets when necessary, etc.
- Answer all formalities and requirements made by local authorities, within the allocated time (visa issues, registration, contracts, etc.)
- Be the focal point to deal with the contracted lawyer upon express delegation of the general coordinator
- Supervise the preparation of the various contracts
- Update and implement logistical processes and tools ; also ensure that everyone is trained
- Assist the field on scheduling all logistics activities needed, including procurement and fleet management
- Brief and debrief staff on finance and HR technical aspects of the mission
- Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country
- Ensure security briefing regarding movements and means of communication to all expat and national staff joining the mission
- Ensure the safety of offices but also guesthouses
Procurement and Supply Chain
- Ensure the overall supply chain management for the response in country (international & local purchases)
- In charge of the implementation, follow up and respect of MdM Logistics procedures (purchase, communication, stock management, fleet management, park status)
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt
- Manage the fleet, transportation and movement coordination
- Propose a set up for the financial, accounting, HR and log team adapted to the mission size
- Ensure proper collaboration and team work amongst finance, HR and log team, as well as together with the programs teams
- Recruit and train the financial, accounting, HR and log staff
- Support its team for any administrative, accounting and financial issue, HR issues or log issues
- Provide regular evaluation to the team under your responsibility
Communication - Reporting - Learning
- Provide timely a monthly financial, HR and log report including the budget follow-up with explanation on discrepancies
- Participate to the weekly team meeting
- Ensure that copy or originals of all invoices are timely sent to Paris HQ; that copy or original of all legal documents and contracts are timely sent to Paris HQ
- Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises …) and prepare monthly logistics report
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2.548 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM, 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position
Capable of setting up all the issues on HR and legal aspects of a new mission.
Experience in negotiations and relations with local partners, MdM Network chapters and authorities in a moving and difficult legal, Administrative and political context
Experience in multi donors funded projects
Ability to work in unstable and volatile context
Excellent computer skills
Knowledge of SAGA is an asset
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Ability to work under pressure
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Organisational skills, rigor, detail oriented
Ability to classify and to manage priorities
Listening and diplomacy skills
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions (proximity to an armed conflict, unstable situation)
Patience and sense of humour
Languages: English is mandatory, French is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Interested? Please apply (CV + cover letter) via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JvONAtDC?idpartenaire=128