Information Management Officer
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Senior Program Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Information Management Officer support the programme and the information management team in the following main duties:
- Ensure proper implementation of the information management system in UNMAS Mali, including system development, testing, and quality assurance of all information management products.
- Provide support in the management of the transition between the Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA), including all add-on databases, to the new IMSMA Core.
- Provide support in the development, testing, debugging, and implementation of IMSMA Core and ensuring that the overall system is operational and meets the operational needs of the programme.
- Provide support in the development of standard operating procedures for key workflows, technical documents and training materials.
- Design and create forms needed through Survey123 connect (XLS form).
- Design and develop dashboards to display data using different formats.
- Contribute to developing/refining support and operations procedures as related to IMSMA Core.
- Liaise with users to define and specify requirements; perform reviews with users, technical personnel and provide support as required.
- In the absence of the team lead assume his/her responsibilities and manage the information management team
- Any other relevant tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Information Management, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field; or first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with an additional two years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least 3 years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international level
- Proven knowledge and experience in using Business Intelligence tools such as Operation dashboards, Power BI, Dundas BI, etc.;
- Knowledge of software development and user interface application;
- Experience with SQL software and one of its platforms (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL server, Access, …);
- Knowledge of XLS form language;
- Basic knowledge of Geographic Information System is required;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: knowledge of IMSMA, IMSMA Core and general mine action information management;
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 30 March 2020