Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Khartoum, Sudan.
As Meal Coordinator you will oversee ongoing development of the monitoring framework with long-term development towards learning and accountability. Your objective is to strengthen and provide strategic direction to the Country Programme in Sudan for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Policies and Procedures, ensuring cross-learning among projects, creating systems for accountability to people we want to assist, donors and other stakeholders, and to build capacity of MEAL staff.
- Guide and support project-level M&E planning/designing and implementation by supporting the design of baselines and monitoring plans, ensuring the budgeting of monitoring activities, as well as reviewing and revising monitoring tools and templates.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity building on M&E.
- Organise and/or monitor trainings for project and implementing partner staff, local organisations and beneficiaries.
- Follow-up on global Welthungerhilfe monitoring initiatives (e.g. digital data gathering, remote monitoring, etc.) and on external trends.
- Undertake frequent field visits to support design, implementation and adaption of project monitoring as well as joining external monitoring and evaluation missions.
- Support staff in drafting progress/monitoring reports, analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed.
- Introduce qualitative monitoring and foster participatory planning and monitoring.
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations (including ToR development) and identify lessons learned and implications for the projects next steps.
- Represent Welthungehilfe at relevant coordination mechanisms.
- A university degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience in international relations, research or social sciences.
- 3-5 years of regional experience in project management and M&E for food security, WASH, nutrition, and/or agricultural development programming for an NGO or UN agency in fragile and insecure locations.
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload.
- Experience in managing/supervising, training and coaching staff.
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations.
- Willingness to travel in the field and work in remote places with basic living conditions (as allowed by security).
- A very good command of English, Arabic skills are an asset.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 31, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.