Deputy Chief of Party, Colombia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party in Colombia.
FHI 360 seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for a USAID-funded activity in Colombia that aims to support locally-driven solutions to increase transparency and accountability and reduce corruption, and to help strengthen citizen-responsive governance and increase citizen trust. The activity will engage multi-sector actors and a range of civil society partners, with a focus on strengthening and building the capacity of civil society organizations to combat corruption and promote transparency and accountability. Position is contingent on funding.
The Deputy Chief of Party will provide technical and management support and expertise to the program, serves as lead in the absence of the COP, and serves as a significant liaison with USAID/Colombia, other implementing partners, other donors, and other key stakeholders. Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Public Policy, Public Administration, Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of relevant work experience with increasing responsibility, at least four (4) years of which is in the areas of anticorruption, transparency, accountability, civil society development, and/or organizational development. Experience in Strategic Behavior Change Communication highly preferred.
- Must have experience working collaboratively with and integrating work among a broad range of government officials, international donors, implementing partners, and other relevant sector stakeholders.
- Must have experience working in complex environments and managing diverse teams to deliver impact.
- Experience working in the LAC region required; specific experience in Colombia highly preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must fluent in Spanish and English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.