||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Our client supports the Ministry of Health to strengthen health service capacity at the border points to effectively prevent, detect and respond to the infectious diseases and other public health threads. Our client provides; integrated surveillance and disease control training for the frontline health staff working in border areas, necessary medical and health commodities for the border posts, analyses and reports on population mobility trends in priority health zones to inform preparedness efforts, as well as risk communication assistance to sensitize cross border population and neighbouring communities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide health screening to returnees upon their arrival at the Way Station and complete intake reports; triage patients in accordance with established SOPs
- Carry out clinical observations and make diagnoses. Provide treatment in consultation with the Medical Officers.
- Assist in referral of patients requiring secondary or tertiary care to a designated private hospital in Mogadishu, escort patients as needed, and provide follow-up care to the patients upon discharge.
- Ensure patients are comfortable, feel cared for, and are in a healthy and secure environment to enhance recovery.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times. Prepare and carry out sterile procedures, and proper disposal of medical wastes.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations at all times.
- Assist in keeping track of medical supplies and drugs, filling in stock management and consumption forms, checking expiration dates, and ensuring and verifying timely replenishment to avoid stock outs.
- Ensure access and continuity of care by providing call for after-hours coverage in case of emergency or urgent care needs.
- Fill in all relevant data management tools, including standard Ministry of Health registers, patient intake forms, referral forms, etc. Collate and compile data for reporting.
- Conduct additional tasks that may be assigned by team leader.
Directly reports MHD Programme Manager
• Diploma/degree in nursing/clinical medicine from recognized institution/University.
• Should hold valid practicing license from the relevant authority
• High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook)
• A minimum of five years of experience working as a clinical Nurse in Somalia
• Familiarity and/or experience providing care to migrants, refugees, returnees, and/or vulnerable populations is an asset
• Fluent in Somali, with working knowledge of English
This role does not have team management responsibility.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply