Project Manager - OFDA, Mozambique
World Vision International
****Position is contingent to funding and donor approval.*
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
The Project Manager - OFDA, Mozambique, you will be responsible for the strategic and technical leadership and overall management of the OFDA funded project focusing on WASH and Food Sec & Livelihoods, and Protection components to support the most vulnerable populations in the targeted areas of Mozambique affected by cyclone Idai and Kenneth. You will be charged with leading a professional team in the accomplishment of the objectives as outlined in the grant proposal. This position has principal responsibility for the representation of the project to the donor, consortium leadership, World Vision SLT, local government representatives, and other key stakeholders. Other key responsibilities include ensuring high quality implementation of project activities, financial management according to donor requirements and international accounting standards, timely donor and other stakeholder reporting, and overall contribution to Child Well Being outcomes.
- Master's degree in Humanitarian Studies, Food security, social sciences, international affairs, Program management, Development studies or related field.
- Relevant professional experience managing and implementing large multi-year international Projects (assessment, proposal development, report writing and evaluation, etc).
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning.
- 4-6 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
- Previous experience managing international assistance programs and familiarity with requirements, preferably OFDA-USAID policies and regulations (required).
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 APR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.