Under the direct supervision and coordination of the FAO Representative, the International Program Coordinator will be responsible for the management and coordination of the project by ensuring consistency with the objectives set out in the Financial Convention with the financial partners for the project implementation and rules and procedures of FAO.
The Resilience Programme Coordinator will report directly to the FAO Representative.
- Development and Humanitarian nexus will be experimented at local level;
- Resilience building in fragile ecosystems will be enhanced;
- Ability to develop state of the Act responses on Food Security and Nutrition.
- Administrative and financial management of the project, with the support of the administrative and financial office team FAO Country\:
- Ensure regular financial monitoring of the project and get the required financial reports;
- Supervise the execution of the delivery of inputs in a timely manner and ensure compliance with FAO procedures
- For contracting in procurement of inputs and equipment and contracts (protocols of agreement, MoU, partnership agreement, etc.) ;
- Perform any other duties of competence required by the Representation of Chad.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide strategic and managerial leadership, guidance and support to the FAO TD field programme
- Plan, implement, monitor and report (by donor and region) on the technical, operational and financial delivery of the multidisciplinary programme in the context of the overall Strategic Response Plan and FAO objectives;
- Coordinate the work of the technical Team referred to above in the development of a comprehensive plan of operations for the timely implementation of the programme, supervising the team members’ work and performance including the development of sub-sectorial work plans;
- Prepare draft Letters of Agreement with partners for the implementation of studies, input distribution, training and workshops and provide advice to the drafting and implementation of procurement plans for the FAO Emergency and Rehabilitation Program;
- Explore the possibility of linking FAO beneficiary farmers with the market value chain and micro finance opportunities in close collaboration and coordination with other UN agencies and Civil Society Organizations;
- Contribute to the preparation and refining of concepts and project documents fund; participate in other resource mobilization activities linked to the Program;
- In close collaboration with the respective officers, including the national Reporting Officer, draft the final projects’ Terminal Reports for clearance by relevant colleagues at FAO SFC, RAF and HQ;
- Oversee the development of tools for monitoring and evaluation of the project and ensure their implementation;
- Attend programming and other technical team meetings of the FAO office in Chad.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s Degree in and a Master’s Degree in development or humanitarian related field.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the planning, development and operational management of projects or resilience program large scale and management teams;
- Working knowledge (level C) of French and at least limited knowledge (level B) English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated mastery of the management based on the results of the project cycle and operational guidelines and procedures (procurement, recruitment, contracts, financial management, etc.);
- Experience in pastoral and agro pastoral context.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing good computer skills (Word, Excel), excellent command of French, good command of English, good writing skills.
- Knowledge of food security, nutrition, context of Chad would be an advantage.
- Ability to show initiative and adaptation;
- Proven ability to establish good working relationships and team spirit both within the organization and with external partners.
- 3 years’ experience in the implementation of projects funded by the European Union, OFDA;