Regional Programme Manager
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
In its international work, Norwegian Red Cross works in collaboration with others in the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement to relieve the suffering and save the lives of people affected by armed conflict, protracted crisis and acute disasters. The main focus of the Norwegian Red Cross in Latin America is to support access to health care and improvement of community health for people affected by violence.
The purpose of the position is to achieve humanitarian objectives through results-based project management in partnership with National Red Cross Societies in the region, with an initial focus on the Honduran Red Cross. The Regional Programme Manager also acts as deputy to the Regional Representative.
· Oversee that projects follow established work processes and that project management methodologies are consistent across countries in the region and in line with best practices.
· Acts as regional focal point for partnership on health in contexts of urban violence with the International Committee of the Red Cross.
· Supports the Regional Representative in the design of regional strategies, liaison with Head Office in Oslo, day-to-day management of the regional office.
· Ensures Norwegian Red Cross support to the Honduran Red Cross and other Red Cross partners. Organises needs assessment and develops fundable proposals, particularly in the field of access to health in contexts of violence, in line with Norwegian Red Cross international and regional strategies. Safeguards project agreements and plans and follows up on risk assessments for all in-country initiatives.
· Consistently monitors planned and unplanned effects of projects supported by the Norwegian Red Cross and reports on progress through quarterly and yearly reports, and complies with established deadlines.
· Ensures reliable data and information collection from all projects in accordance with Norwegian Red Cross results framework and drafts yearly results reports.
· Supports financial risk management, including annual audit process and proper handling of financial irregularities, in line with established rules and regulations.
We seek a person who;
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented.
- communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
- makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully.
- collaborates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
Education and experience:
- Education and/or or working experience relevant for programmatic focus preferably in public health and/or protection.
- Proven ability to implement (notably health) programmes in challenging contexts is an asset.
- Excellent drafting skills. Successful donor applications and reporting on humanitarian projects with measurable results.
- Previous field experience with Norwegian Red Cross is an asset.
- International driving license (manual gear) is required.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Regional Representative Americas based in Honduras.
Position is based in:
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- 24 months, with possibility of extension.
- This position is a familiy post position.
Please apply through our electronic application portal.
For questions about the position please contact:
Regional Representative for Americas, Andrés Kruesi / firstname.lastname@example.org
W*hy should you apply?*
Meaningful: Youll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross is striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
Please note we do a thorough background check of succesful candidate.