Programe Manager, Tunis, Tunisia
The Program Manager ensures the overall management of the EU-funded project Expanding Protection Environment and Services for Mixed Migration Flows and Vulnerable Libyans along Migration Routes in Libya and Supporting Local Socio-Economic Stabilization in all project locations and with all national and international partners and stakeholders. You will ensure risk prevention and management, maintain close coordination with other related projects, supervise the activities implemented by the different contractees and partners, co-chair the technical committee and coordinate the steering committee work. You will particularly extend support to Libyan stakeholders for the review of relevant regulations, set the policies and enforce them. You will also supervise the communication and advocacy plans for the project and maintain close coordination with partners. The Program Manager will be responsible for enforcing the provisions under the agreement T05-EUTF-NOA-LY-08 (T05.1185).
You will report directly to the Country Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Background on the project:
Expanding Protection Environment and Services for Mixed Migration Flows and Vulnerable Libyans along Migration Routes in Libya and Supporting Local Socio-Economic Stabilization is a two-year project funded through the EU Trust Fund for Migration. The project is designed to respond specifically to the protection needs of vulnerable migrants and refugees in Libya, inside and outside detention centers (DCs), while stabilizing Libyan municipalities, both socially and economically, and improving access to health and protection services for vulnerable local communities. In particular, this project will allow to better tailor the protection response to the specific needs of the most vulnerable groups, with a focus on women, youth, and all individuals exposed to Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
The project is built around 4 outputs: (1) Access to health and protection services is improved for migrants, refugees and host communities in Libya in urban areas, shelters, detention centers and at disembarkation points; (2) Women shelter/ transit center is established for vulnerable women at risk and survivors of GBV; (3) Capacity at municipal level is increased within more stable communities; (4) Capacity to provide gender-sensitive & principled assistance in detention centers is improved.
The project adopts a holistic and multi-sectoral response that builds on UNFPA’s programme experience, outreach, and technical capacity, while leveraging on existing interventions, resources and UNFPA’s convening capacity position as the UN agency mandated globally and in Libya to coordinate GBV prevention and response.
You will support strengthening the Country Program delivery in the context of results-based management and effective monitoring and evaluation system. You are expected to promote a culture of knowledge building and sharing of best/bad practices and success stories arising from the programs implementation.
An Advanced (Master’s) University Degree in in International Relations, Political Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, international development, economics or related fields
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of seven (7) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in international development
• Demonstrated programme expertise in the substantive area of work with field experience;
• Demonstrated substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence
• Proven track record of performance and ability to produce demonstrable results;
• Experience in programme management with ability to lead implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects
• Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
• Ability to effectively interact and coordinate with donors and senior government officials;
• Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage transactions, financial analysis and reporting
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent report writing and compelling oral presentations
• Excellent negotiation, managerial and analytical skills
• Sensitivity to a changing political and economic environment, and to the range of professional perspectives of the supervised staff
• Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
• Proven networking, team-building and organizational skills
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures is an asset
• Proficiency in MS Office packages, database and the internet
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably Arabic and/or French, is desirable.