Business Support Assistant (Fleet entre) SC4
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Position Title: Business Support Assistant (Fleet Centre)
Service Contract for duration of 12 months with possibility of extension.
Level: SC 4
Salary starts from AED 12,999.60 per month (inclusive of pension), plus insurance and other benefits.
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the Light Vehicle Fleet Systems Coordinator, based in Dubai-UAE, the incumbent shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Monitor the use of FMS by CO Fleet Teams. Check the accuracy of data and support country office fleet teams to improve reporting (timely, accurate and complete) so that all relevant data is registered correctly in FMS to produce the correct cost performance of the global fleets of vehicles and generators, identifying and correcting mistakes, making sure that the correct overhead costs are captured and distributed appropriately to each asset in the country on a monthly basis.
a. Follow up on pending overhead cost data to be provided by CO
b. Posting of overhead costs
c. Monitor reporting performance of WFP offices. Identify and follow up on incomplete / erroneous reporting.
2. Provide timely system support to global users. Respond to queries, identify and record issues by category.
3. FMS system administration support including
a. Creating and management of FMS users, ensuring the right access levels are provided according to defined user profiles
b. Maintaining the FMS focal points user list
c. Updating master records
4. Produce KPI reports.
5. Produce management information reports.
6. Reconciliation of records and transactions in WFP Corporate Systems (FMS, WINGS, GEMS) to ensure data validation, accuracy and integrity are maintained.
7. Test new system developments in support of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
8. Provide training to FMS system users through the following:
a. Online training
b. Training workshops in the Fleet Centre, Dubai.
c. Attending FMS training workshops in CO and RB
9. Produce monthly LV fleet reports as required
10. Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree preferred in any of the following disciplines: Business administration, computer science, statistics, development economics, development studies, logistics, finance or accounting.
- At least three years of experience in general administration including finance, administrative services or other related fields
- Experience in using web based corporate systems in a large organisation
- Experience in data analysis and producing management reports
- Experience in Fleet Management Systems would be an advantage
Language: Proficiency in written and spoken English Language. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong communication skills: oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable in changing priorities
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
5 April 2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.