Requisition ID: req8699
Job Title: General Practitioner / Al Hol Camp
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Mobile Medical Doctor will be primarily responsible for providing curative and preventive services to the patients in the communities they visit in Al Hassaka governorate.
- Provide curative and preventive services following MOH or international recognized treatment protocols.
- Supervise activities of other team members in the field and supervise the reporting tools.
- Maintain universal precautions for infection prevention
- Perform minor surgical procedures i.e. dressing, stitching.
- Ensure in a daily basis that supplies, equipments and medicines are available for the team.
- Refer patients when diagnosis or treatment is not possible at the site.
- Arrange/facilitate for the shuttle services to transport the patient to the nearest referral facility.
- Make timely request of supplies, equipment and medicines.
- Cooperate with the medical program managers/supervisors related to their activities.
- Attend IRC trainings and program meetings as required.
- Prepare statistics and reports for the program.
- Perform any other duties and functions, as needed or requested by the organization
- Qualified Medical Doctor or equivalent degree with pediatric experience
- At least 2-4 years of working experience in the relevant field.
- Preferably work experience in emergency situations.
- local language required
- English language will be an asset
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected by IRC.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.