Civics Instruction Intern
turlock/modesto | usp
Requisition ID: req8706
Job Title: Civics Instruction Intern
Employment Category: Part-Time
Employment Type: Intern
Location: USP - Turlock/Modesto
Under the supervision of the Civics Instructor, the Civics Instruction Intern will prepare immigrants to pass the civics exam for U.S. citizenship.
- Offer class presentations about the rights and duties of citizenship as well topics related to the U.S. civics exam
- Provide one-on-one assistance to students on civics topics
- Recruit students for civics courses through direct calls and outreach to local organizations
- Utilize social media and other communications strategies to enhance advocacy for
- Make photocopies of materials when needed
- Current undergrad, graduate student or recently graduated student with a focus in Political Science, Public Policy, TESOL, History, Sociology, International Studies, or a related field.
- Must have TESOL certification
- Willingness to teach course material online
- High level of organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential documents and sensitive information
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Expertise in cross-cultural communications
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products and Zoom preferred
This position reports to the Civics Instructor
- This is an unpaid internship. Work-related driving is eligible for charitable mileage rate reimbursement.
- Internships are available for current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than one year post-graduation. Course credit and transcript notation are available.