Camp Management Officer (CwC)
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Communication with Communities (CwC) Officer to support in the establishment and functioning of a strong information sharing and accountability mechanism which includes effective communication with communities through various communication channels, thus ensuring accountability to affected populations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Work closely with the Camp management Manager (camp manager) and the Team Leader (TL) to develop appropriate communication materials (posters, leaflets, banners and audio messages);
- Ensure these communication messages are effectively communicated with the affected population through Imams, community group meetings, volunteers, block committees and listeners group, and provide their feedback to appropriate service providers;
- Engage with communities closely on one-to-one or one-to-group sessions to transfer key information in both top-down and bottom-up approaches;
- Provide frequently asked questions to Camp management TL and Manager and share responses back to community;
- Identify the most common gaps in information and preparing messaging accordingly;
- Provide frequently asked questions to camp management Team Leader and Manager in coordination with the Complaints, Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) Officer and Assistant and share responses back to community;
- Update the camp info board and ensure all available information is regularly posted;
- Ensure all communication materials or messaging from the CwC working group or any other actors is shared widely with the community;
- Work closely with the Cyclone Preparedness Program camp volunteers to ensure early warning messages are reaching all the population;
- Organize Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) with different groups in the community to identify major needs and gaps and report back to the Camp Management Manager and TL.
- Any other related task as requested by the Camp management Manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- 2 year experience working with an INGO in a formal or informal camp setting
- Experience in Communications or Social Services is desirable
- Willingness to live and work in a challenging environment with limited resources
- Degree- Bachelor degree in social Science or relevant education.
- Language – English – required, Bengali –required, Chittagonian – (preferable)
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract Duration – Till 30th September 2020 (With strong possibility to extend)
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning two referees' details with CV, where one must be from present or past employer (If Experienced) & another person can be your colleague.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
Closing date for applications: 2nd April 2020.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review the applications on rolling basis.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.