Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Representative, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
· Act as focal point to develop a high profile multi-media communications campaign and support the production of public information, advocacy and communication materials, such as, but not limited to, press releases, feature articles, notes for the media, talking points, background papers, briefings, speeches, questions and answers, presentations, publication forewords, newsletters, specifically related to CDS communication and WHO events, for use by print and electronic media, including traditional and social media.
· Contribute to the planning and conduct of press conferences, seminars, media interviews and other events including the coordination of media enquiries to ensure they are directed to the appropriate WHO spokesperson;
· In line with work plans, prepare relevant information for placement on the Zimbabwe and AFRO website and intranet, reviewing and updating information as the situation requires;
· To proactively network within the Zimbabwe Country office (WCO) to keep abreast of success stories, human interest stories, upcoming events and other potentially significant occasions;
· Contribute to the writing of WCO media reports as directed, and coordinate with the central communications unit in HQ, as required;
· Collaborate closely with the Communications Unit and contribute to the development of institutional communications strategies;
· To proactively engage in and advise on activities that will create visibility for the organization
· Perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
University Degree in journalism, Communications, International Relations, Advertising/Public Relations, Marketing, or Political or Social Science
Desirable: Specialized studies or advanced degree in public healthRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Desirable: Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating information and communications on developmental issues in the UN context.
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and presentation software (Powerpoint)
Excellent planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail and with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Diplomacy, courtesy and ability to work in a multi-cultural team.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 30 March 2020