Consultancy (11.5 months): Fundraising Systems Specialist - Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region, Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP)
Panama City (Panama)
The PFP Individual Giving section based in Geneva provides global support to fundraising country offices (CO’s). A key part of any fundraising operation is to be able to provide fit-for-purpose systems that allow UNICEF to serve, manage and understand its supporters. Key systems are CRM and the GGP (Global Giving Platform) in order to maximize and optimize fundraising performance to allow UNICEF to help the worlds most in-need children. In addition, PFP is a lead participant in the Supporter Engagement Strategy, which aims to increase the global acquisition and engagement of UNICEF’s diverse supporter base, including donors, advocates and volunteers. A key part of the strategy is to replace incumbent CRM and Online Giving systems currently in place within 21 country offices.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
The Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) Individual Giving Team based in Geneva provides global support to fundraising country offices (COs). A key part of any fundraising operation is to be able to provide fit-for-purpose systems that allow UNICEF to serve, manage and understand its supporters. Key systems are CRM and the GGP (Global Giving Platform) in order to maximize and optimize fundraising performance to allow UNICEF to help the world’s most in-need children.
In addition, PFP is a lead participant in the Supporter Engagement Strategy (SES), which aims to increase the global acquisition and engagement of UNICEF’s diverse supporter base, including donors, advocates and volunteers. A key part of the strategy is to replace incumbent CRM and Online Giving systems currently in place within 21 country offices.
How can you make a difference?
The fundraising systems specialist will sit within the business (PFP) side of operations and will primarily be responsible for the maintenance and development of CRM and online giving systems within the LAC region.
The role will be required to provide support to markets around four key areas:
- Capacity development – the practice of knowledge sharing, best practice, communication, training, advice and oversight
- Operational support – providing or sourcing and coordinating operational support on various systems such as CRM, GGP, PCI-compliance and mass email etc.
- Implementation and Development - providing support in the delivery of large projects, or new technology including new CRM, marketing tools, new payment methods or banking processes and other ad-hoc projects.
- Analytics and Innovation – to perform the role of a leader in the region of new technology and trends for fundraising
- Act as a single reference of knowledge on fundraising systems within the region and disseminate that knowledge to relevant markets
- Conduct on site and remote training sessions where appropriate.
- Promote best fundraising practice and apply this through the use of technology.
- Provide support, guidance and oversight to all technology related matters within the region.
- Support markets during procurement of new vendors, services and technology.
- Act as the main point of contact for any fundraising system issue in the LAC region.
- Implement business processes that mitigate risk in areas of PCI-DSS compliance and data privacy practices.
- Support ongoing data analytics work streams such as rich data metrics and dashboards
- Maintain and Issue support log and source the appropriate resource to address issues for a satisfactory / timely resolution.
- Investigate, assess and support in the implementation of new processes such as payment gateways, reporting models etc.
Implementation and Development
- Update payment processes to improve operational efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Analyze current business (fundraising) processes in LAC country offices and document accordingly.
- Help to project manage the agile development process by story prioritization, sprint planning, backlog grooming etc.
- Provide project Management to country offices to ensure they are at the correct stage of readiness for implementation by helping with resource planning, technology and project process awareness.
- Help offices with initial implementation / go live by providing oversight, support and guidance on both business and technical aspects.
Analytics and Innovation
- Research, assess, test and promote new technologies which are seen to improve fundraising performances within the region.
- Support the continual development of analytical models including the introduction of AI technologies
- Provide operational support to effectively implement new Argentinian payment system processes.
- Address outstanding CRM and system issues as identified by LAC offices.
- Provide training and develop capacity for CRM and related systems in all LAC offices.
- Advise / consult on the improvement of data analytical systems for the region
- Apply strategic influence to technology choices made within the LAC region.
- Provide Project Management and co-ordination of resources on CRM (or related systems) development projects
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL:
- 11.5 months
- Fundraising Manager (Digital Delivery).
Office based in Panama or similar timezone, but with frequent regional and occasional global travel.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Strong experience in CRM system implementations and operational management, especially for fundraising. Experience in Sales force and / or Donor Perfect is desirable.
- Experience in Fundraising, especially individual giving processes along with transaction / income processing strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of common fundraising data analysis, reporting techniques and metrics.
- Good knowledge of regional LAC banking systems, cultures and processes is desirable.
- Excellent project management experience.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve.
- Experience of general data management processes (migration / integrations etc.)
- A first level University degree preferred.
- Strong communications’ skills and ability to form good working relationships across the LAC region.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Spanish and Portuguese will be viewed as an advantage.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Please indicate your ability, availability and gross daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
Taxation: UNICEF and the United Nations accept no liability for any taxes, duty or other contribution payable by the consultant and individual contractor on payments made under this contract. Neither UNICEF nor the United Nations will issue a statement of earnings to the consultant and individual contractor.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.