Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief Integrated Mission Training Centre (IMTC), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinating the formulation of the Mission Training Budget as well as tracking training expenditure in different sections:
- Coordinating the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training and development programmes with Military, Police, other mission functions and UN Country Team to ensure an integrated approach to and encompassing a range of activities including, inter alia, technical and substantive training;
- Delivering technical IT courses to mission personnel and coaching IMTC staff on relevant IT applications;
- Coordinating staff development programmes and supporting the implementation of a National Staff Capacity Building Programme;
- Developing strategies to effectively and efficiently meet training timetable needs;
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to be used in developing Mission annual training plan to enable development of comprehensive training and development programmes that address performance gaps;
- Identifying, advising and overseeing the development and implementation of Development and Training Initiatives and Programmes offered by Training Section;
- Monitoring and evaluating all training initiatives and programmes and recommending improvements and revisions to meet changing and specific needs of the mission;
- Partaking in the preparation, coordination and management of mission training budget in consultation with Chief IMTC to ensure budget preparation and utilization is done in accordance with Results Based Budgeting (RBB) principle to achieve mission training priorities;
- Facilitating procurement activities of training services for IMTC and relevant sections.
- Undertaking all actions required in Designing, Developing, Delivering and Evaluating training and development programmes for civilian field staff;
- Taking the lead in developing and upgrading relevant training materials;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the training;
- Building capacity of National Staff working in Training Section through coaching and mentoring initiatives;
- Collaborating with other mission functions including the mission gender advisor, HIV/AIDS advisor, staff counselor and other UN agencies to ensure that cross-cutting issues are incorporated in the design of training and development programmes.
- A degree in Education or Social Sciences or Human Resources Management.
- Minimum 5 years (for Bachelor degree) and 2-3 years (for Master degree) of progressively responsible experience in design, delivery and evaluation of training programme involving large audiences.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
- Certification in ICDL and/or Microsoft Applications is desirable;
- Fluency in English Language both oral and written is required; Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge in training administration;
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 08-04-2020