Finance Officer - Beirut (Internals Only)
When submitting your application, please fill in all the needed details and ensure that the information is accurate and complete. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Finance Officer is responsible for organizing and delivering the day-to-day operational finance processes by ensuring adherence to NRC’s policies and donor requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare suppliers, bank accounts and cashbox reconciliations
- Ensure timely payment of contractors, suppliers and other expenditures and verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment
- Perform daily bookkeeping and utilize the NRC Agresso accounting system.
- Check and verify all the supporting documents (purchase requests, purchase orders, quotations, authorization of payment, etc.) and ensure they comply with NRC’s procedures
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes of the expenses
- Record VAT for all invoices on monthly basis and ensure proper filing
- Ensure sufficient cash in the bank and in the cash boxes and that cash payments are done properly
- Ensure that cash and bankbooks records are updated on daily basis, ensuring that all coding is in line with donor and country coding structure.
- Prepare payments for all centralized commitments including; NSSF, income tax, consultants and vendors; in accordance with NRC’s financial procedures and contract policies.
- Coordinate with Finance teams in different areas regarding cost allocations of basic running costs, before recording.
- Support, manage and provide capacity building of Finance Assistants with daily tasks and activities.
- Perform other Finance related tasks as requested
- Bachelor degree in Finance or a related major
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in Finance/Accounting
- Knowledge of Audit requirements
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.