Resource Mobilisation Officer
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Based on the existing strategies and policies of COMESA, the Resource Mobilization Officer, will support the COMESA Secretariat in the mobilization of resources and any other support necessary for the operationalization of the CYIVP. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Resource Mobilization, in collaboration with the Division of Gender and Social Affairs, the Resource Mobilization Officer will specifically:
- Lead a review of the implementation plan of the COMESA Youth and Internship Volunteer Programme (CYIP) with the objective to revise and validate the strategies (if necessary) and propose innovations for an implementation plan;
- Carry out a mapping exercise of potential donors and development partners for the CYIP in order to identify potential partnerships/collaborations and resources for the operationalization of the programme;
- Create a data base of diverse donors and development partners: private sector, national organizations, foundations, bilateral/multilateral organizations etc.;
- Develop short-term and long-term resource mobilization strategy and implementation plan for the CYIVP;
- Based on the donor intelligence gathered, develop a funding proposal template that will be customized to different donors and development partners; presentations, briefing notes and participates in donor and member state meetings and assist the COMESA team in the finalization of donor agreements for the implementation of the CYIVP;
- Assist the COMESA Secretariat, with drafting of messages to Member States for updates on the programme and efforts for its implementation;
- Develop a Programme factsheet that shall be used for outreach, programme awareness, advocacy and resource mobilization;
- Support the Secretariat in organizing and coordinating meetings between COMESA Secretariat and its partners including UNV, donor/development partners and maintain a clear chain of communication with donors and relevant divisions/units at COMESA;
- Define implementation modalities for the youth internship and volunteer project drawing from experiences of UNV with other partners implementing similar initiatives or projects;
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervising authority and/or management.
- Master’s degree in business administration or economics or degree in project planning and management.
- Five years of relevant professional experience in resource mobilization and partnership.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization, managing external stakeholder relationship (e.g. donor and implementing partner relationships, or similar background).
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 10 April 2020