Requisition ID: req8798
Job Title: Lab Technician / Hazima
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for providing medical laboratory tests in the clinic according to IRC doctors` instruction. This position reports to the Senior Health Officer- Ar-Raqqa.
- Collect and prepare patient samples for the requested laboratory tests, including blood samples.
- Prepare the reagents, chemical solution and other materials before using them for the laboratory tests as clinically indicated.
- Prepare laboratory tests according to doctor’s requests.
- Monitor and control patient samples that may be contagious and disposed in accordance with the safety and security procedures.
- Prepare the laboratory room and the documents according to the quality control procedures of The IRC.
- Maintain high quality Infection Prevention and Control measures in the lab and health facility to ensure staff and patient safety.
- Maintain adequate laboratory equipment/supplies and related records as indicated by The IRC Senior Health Officer.
- Update the clinic databases on daily basis and submit the weekly reports on time.
- As with other health care professionals, the laboratory technician is expected to comply with protocols, procedures and safety policies of a clinic.
- Laboratory technician certificate from intermediate medical institute and/or other relevant certificates.
- Prior 2-3 years of experience in medical laboratories is required.
- Relevant experience with a reputable organization will be an asset
- Registered with Health Council in Ar-Raqqa.
- Effective communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for patients at all times is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
- Ability to communicate in local language and English will be an asset.
- Applicant should not be having another Job if he/she got selected by IRC.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.