CONSULTANT, MEDIA MONITORING
Consultant, Media Monitoring
(Part-time, Home based)
The Establishment Agreement calls for the Centre to enhance communication and information exchange in order to facilitate interreligious and intercultural dialogue and cooperation among people. The Communications Department engages KAICIID’s audiences with information that fosters an up-to-date, actionable and relevant understanding of the Centre’s mission and work. Its goal is to win support for the Centre’s mandate and a positive reception of the outcomes its work achieves.
KAICIID is seeking a media monitoring consultant to support the Centre’s work through the production of high-quality communications products which clearly and powerfully communicate the importance of interreligious dialogue to a variety of audiences.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Communications and the direct supervision of the Chief of Public Affairs, the consultant will be contracted to fulfil the following duties and responsibilities.
- Produce three (3) media monitoring reports (the “KAICIID in the News Report”) per week, covering mentions of KAICIID and its senior management as well as coverage related to all members of KAICIIDs Board of Directors, Advisory Forum (only when coverage is related to interreligious dialogue) in online media outlets around the world. Media coverage is monitored in English, Arabic, German, Spanish, French and, whenever relevant, in other languages. During unusually busy periods, the number of requested reports may increase to five (5) reports per week. The reports must be submitted by the consultant before 1:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday;
- Produce one monthly media report (the “IRD in the News Report”) covering general interreligious dialogue (IRD) news, particularly from geographic areas where KAICIID operates its programmes, and with organizations that collaborate or have collaborated with KAICIID; covering results from English, Arabic, German, Spanish and French media;
- Produce event-related media monitoring reports whenever requested;
- Maintain existing list of key terms in 5 languages (English, Arabic, French, German and Spanish);
- Monitor articles in order to evaluate their relevance for the work of KAICIID and translate them into English. Depending on relevance, either a full translation of the article, or a translation summary is required;
- Monitor news alerts and international wire services for relevant news articles, and include them in the reports, when applicable;
- Maintain the templates for media monitoring to be used for the reports;
- Maintain a comprehensive record of media coverage of KAICIID (number of articles per month, number of articles per language etc.) based on a pre-determined template and submit on a monthly basis;
- Liaise with other suppliers or vendors collecting media results in one or more of the languages, ensure consistency from all vendors.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Studying towards or already possessing a university degree in communications, journalism, international relations or other related field;
- Familiarity with, and interest in, the news landscape;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Familiarity with Excel, Google scripts and html are a strong advantage.
Multilingual skills are a strong asset for this position. English proficiency (written and spoken) and working knowledge of at least two of the following languages: Arabic, German, French and/or Spanish is essential;
The Centre shall pay the Consultant an all-inclusive lump-sum fee of € 1200 (Euro One Thousand Two Hundred) per month for the performed services.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
3 May 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.