Deputy head of mission - West Bank M/F
West Bank (Palestinian Territory)
SIF is working in West Bank since 2008, following the military operation “cast lead” in Gaza Strip.
In 2010, SIF has opened an office in Ramallah and obtained its registration with the Palestinian Authority. SIF has conducted several emergency and rehabilitation programs, both in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
SIF is currently implementing humanitarian project in Food Security, WASH and Child Protection projects as well as “seasonal projects” in the West Bank. Complementarily with its humanitarian intervention, SIF is developing an advocacy strategy in the OPT
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a deputy head of mission (H/F) based in West Bank.
* contributes to the elaboration of SIF strategy in the West Bank, in collaboration with the Palestine Coordination Team
* contributes to the elaboration of the mission’s action Plan and budget for the West Bank
* is in charge of the overall management of operations in the West Bank
* is responsible of the relations with the partners for the implementation of the different projects
* ensures the respect of SIF Logistics procedures and participate to the update of the Security plan
* provides constructive supervision and guidance for Admin/HR, Prog and Log teams in the West Bank
* A Master’s degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in development studies, humanitarian program management, business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience;
* Minimum 7 years of relevant humanitarian experience, including previous experiences as Field Coordinator, Deputy Country Director or Chief of Party;
* Experience relevant to managing programs, including proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring, evaluation and budgeting;
* Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking and fundraising, developing links with NGOs, INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
* Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff
* Starting date : As soon as possible.
* French fixed term contract : 6/7 months
* Remuneration according to our salary grid.
* Monthly perdiem.
* Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance).
* R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
* Leaves every 3 months.