New York City (United States of America)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Develop, maintain, and implement procedures for data entry, data cleaning, linking data, documentation, and other tasks
- Implement modeling techniques and tools to support data structure.
- Implement best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of data and quality of data processes
- Design and write custom applications to ensure databases meet requirements throughout data entry, management, and reporting
- Define parameters for file or space utilization, if necessary
- Assist in data capture, extraction, and analysis
- Maintain data integrity, and support data analysis, as necessary
- Document, implement, maintain, and recommend operating methods to improve collection, cleaning, processing, editing, distribution, and flow, of data
- Deliver analyzable or analyzed data to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist team members with queries, simple statistical analyses, report generation, and technical difficulties related to data retrieval
- Assist with writing and preparing manuscripts and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Summarizes large volumes of encounter data in analytical reports that include tables and graphs for management review and use
- Pull and integrate data from disparate sources
- Work closely with IT management and staff
Master’s degree in correlated field with relevant coursework/internships/research assistantships, or bachelor’s degree in relevant field, i.e. Global Health, Health Administration, Public Health, with at least 1 year of pertinent experience in large international or governmental organizations.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Experience working in a large health-based international organization is an asset.
- Experience in the use of Power BI, Excel, SharePoint and SQL databases for data analysis with scripting via Phyton.
- Experience working in the field of public health and/or medical planning/health support plans
- Programs using Excel and SQL or other appropriate software to generate reports based on input/direction from management and other report users
- Strong analytic and reporting skills required.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Experience managing disease surveillance, investigation of reportable diseases, and disease outbreaks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Experience working with the UN system is an added advantage
- Recent experience working in outbreak/pandemic support is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Able and available to respond as directed in the event of a public health emergency. May be subject to working non-standard hours or days based on need.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Languages Required: English required; French is highly desirable
- Another UN working language is an asset.
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13 May 2020