Civil Engineers - Talent Pooling
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||• Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate solutions and make conclusions and recommendations.
• Takes pride in work and achievements, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results, motivated by professional concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations, and takes initiatives for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required, allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work, foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning, monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary, uses time efficiently.
• Delivers outputs within prescribed time, meets cost and quality standards, operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules, supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments, takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Good interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with colleagues and subordinates in a multi-cultural/ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages.
• Ability to successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, excellent written and oral command of English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language would be an advantage