Health Officer / Al Raqqa
The Health Officer will be responsible for managing all clinical services, staff and resources in his/her assigned IRC Primary Healthcare Centers (PHC) and in Ar-Raqqa; the Health Officer may supervise two to three PHCs/MMUs. S/he will provide technical and operational oversight for all primary and reproductive health service packages delivered by the PHC. The Health Officer will report to the Health Manager in his/her assigned implementation area.
- Manage all health activities and service delivery in assigned PHC/MMUs.
- Directly manage medical and support staff who are paid volunteers working as a team inside the facility.
- Oversee all operational needs for the PHC/MMUs, ensuring all running costs and inventory needs are well planned and managed; Work in close coordination with Field Management teams to ensure the facility and activities have necessary operational and logistical support.
- Work in collaboration with other health team members specializing in specific technical areas and service packages to ensure clinic staff are properly trained, following treatment protocols and guidelines, as well as delivering quality services.
- Manage all medical commodities in the PHC/MMUs; work in collaboration with the Pharmacy team to plan and prepare orders for pharmaceuticals, medical supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Community Health Officer to ensure facility services are properly linked to community-based interventions.
- Prepare supervision plans and conduct regular technical monitoring of clinic services; prepare reports with identified issues, recommendations, and action plans to improve quality of services; Conduct patient chart reviews on weekly basis and submit report to Deputy Health Manager.
- Analyze routine health data to report on trends, identify gaps or challenges to service delivery, and inform program decision making.
- Collaborate with health team members to design and implement needs assessments in catchment area.
- Collaborate with health team members to design interventions that address gaps identified in community assessments, monitoring of quality of care, from routine data, and/or from community health information.
- Ensure health information system and data collection processes are properly implemented in the clinic.
- Participate in regular project review meetings with the Deputy Health Manager and Health Manager; contribute to plans for corrective actions based on technical supervision, indicator performance, and M&E reports from patient satisfaction surveys and monitoring visits.
- Submit weekly progress reports to direct line manager; contribute to monthly and quarterly reports per project needs for grant reporting.
- Coordinate with other health actors and partners in implementation area; manage any services delivered in partnership with other NGOs in the PHC/MMU.
- Train and mentor staff/volunteers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Oversee all recruitment and management of clinic-based volunteers; conduct periodic performance reviews, manage all disciplinary actions with the support of the supervisor and Human Resources department, identify and recommend needed changes in staffing.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties assigned by line manager.