Information Management and Data Technical Officer - Beirut (Lebanese National)
The ICLA programme in Lebanon is focused on the provision of information, counselling and legal assistance services on civil documentation, legal residency, housing, land and property and employment rights.
The ICLA programme also conducts capacity building activities for relevant stakeholders and advocacy actions, on legal protection aspects.
Duties and responsibilities
The purpose of the Information Management and Data Technical Officer position is to collect, manage and process the data produced by the ICLA Lebanon programme and conduct the corresponding analysis and reports.
The position is based within the ICLA national team in Beirut and will report to the ICLA Lebanon Specialist. The Information Management and Data Technical Officer will operate in coordination with the ICLA Coordinator, ICLA field teams and corresponding Database Officers, the NRC Lebanon M&E team and MERO office, in particular the Information Management and Data Technical Officer.
- Act as data management and focal point for the ICLA Lebanon programme
- Act as a focal point for Digital ICLA initiatives on social media, usage of digital technology and information dissemination
- Extract and process ICLA data for research and legal analysis purposes
- Provide technical inputs about data collection methodologies, data analysis and reporting
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools
- Carry out data analysis of relevant information produced by ICLA and other sources.
- Support in the planning and implementation of data collection activities.
- Frequently review ICLA data collected to ensure consistency, completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct regular data cleaning processes
- Code surveys as needed in KOBO, or other software if needed.
- Prepare infographics, reports and dashboards on trends, developments, and data analyzed
- Contribute to the development of Power BI reports
- Ensure data confidentiality and abide data protection principles
- Coordinate activities with Project Managers and ICLA Database Officers in field areas and liaise with NRC Lebanon M&E team
- Bachelor degree in computer science, statistics, social sciences, economics, public health, or any other related field;
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in information / data management, preferably in development or humanitarian organisations
- Proficiency in survey design tools (i.e KOBO) is required
- Proficiency in data visualization tools - Power BI is an asset
- Experience and proven interest in digital solutions and technologies
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (advanced Excel skills required) and Office 365
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.