ARABIC SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
VACANCY NOTICE for
ARABIC SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT
Location: Home based
The Establishment Agreement calls for the Centre to enhance communication and information exchange in order to facilitate interreligious and intercultural dialogue and cooperation among people. The Communications Department engages KAICIID’s audiences with information that fosters an up-to-date, actionable and relevant understanding of the Centre’s mission and work. Its goal is to win support for the Centre’s mandate and a positive reception of the outcomes its work achieves.
There is a need for increased efforts to improve awareness of the scope, profile, and scale of KAICIID’s mandate and operations for Arabic speaking online users who are a significant and expanding audience. Through the launching of Arabic language social media platforms and updating and translation of the Arabic version of KAICIID’s website the Arab region audience shall be informed not only about the daily developments concerning the Centre, but be provided with the context of which those developments were born and how they evolved.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Arabic Media Lead Consultant, the role holder shall perform the following functions:
- Manage social media platforms, upload content to KAICIID website;
- Produce engaging social media content and promotion plans;
- Publish content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube;
- Draft content in Arabic/English on the Arab region operations (web articles, press releases, social media posts);
- Coordinate between the English and Arabic feeds;
- Ensure input/feedback gets channelled to the Programme Department;
- Create dynamic written, graphic, and video content;
- Optimize content following search engine optimization (SEO);
- Proofread content in Arabic/English;
- Monitor and create analytics reports;
- Perform any other duties, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First level university degree in marketing, broadcasting, journalism, communication or related field;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in social media management;
- Experience applying scheduling software, such as Hootsuite, Buffer, and Sprout social;
- Excellent writing, editing, creative and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects;
- Proficiency in analytics and listening tools like Facebook Insights and Google Analytics;
- Script-writing and story-telling skills;
- Videography, photography and graphic design skills are desirable.
English and Arabic proficiency (excellent writing, drafting, editing, speaking skills) is required, knowledge of any other major languages is an advantage.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This is a full-time assignment. The selected candidate is expected to start on 1 July 2020 and will be offered a consultancy contract until 31 December 2020.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 May 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Curriculum Vitae and portfolio of work (writing samples, links to multimedia content, etc.), together with a cover letter.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.